Agree to Disagree?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dare2Question

I know that the main focus of this site is discussion for the sake of enlightenment. But it seems there are too many threads that end up fully fledged shouting matches, that ensures all participating members become blue in the face.

I'm all for freedom of opinion/speech but shouldn't the line be drawn somewhere? I'm new here so I don't really know how things are managed.

But as Christians shouldn't we at some point agree to disagree and instead show loving compassion?

Much love, Dan.

Mar 18, 2011
there is actually a thread produced by the CC staff addressing this very issue. I think we as christians should take the initiative, if we see someone getting angry and we've made our point we should soften our hearts and make amends.. I'm with you Dare.
and welcome btw :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
It is sad how the site had to speak to this, when scripture already does.
I will say though, that even though I do not like to see a mean debate, the debates here have challanged me to learn more in both word and faith. :)
God trully does bring all things to His glory!

God bless
pickles

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Agree that Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah is always right.

And pray that we all be open to the truth, even if it means being "wrong"

D

Dare2Question

Wow, a very valid point, Pickles. I was reading Daniel 3:18

"But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up."

And it wasn't 10 minutes later that I stumbled upon a debate (the type that really puts a damper on your heart). I think without reading that inspirational verse I would have been much less capable of keeping my cool :)

Much love, Dan.

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Someone wise, once gave me good advice when it comes to debate or any work.
Do all things as unto the Lord!
When we do everything as unto the Lord, we of course consider all we do, and if someone doesnt like it, it belongs to God, so thier debate is with Him.
Its all about taking the self out of what we do. :)
Or at least we work to do this. :)

By the way, Jesus gives good advice!
I just need to work on the listening. :)

God bless
pickles

U

Ugly

I know that the main focus of this site is discussion for the sake of enlightenment. But it seems there are too many threads that end up fully fledged shouting matches, that ensures all participating members become blue in the face.

I'm all for freedom of opinion/speech but shouldn't the line be drawn somewhere? I'm new here so I don't really know how things are managed.

But as Christians shouldn't we at some point agree to disagree and instead show loving compassion?

Much love, Dan.
Every couple months someone puts a post similar to this (some much more involved and more well done [no offense meant]) but i've yet to see any of them put any kind of damper on the rudeness we see in the bible forums. I wrote one myself once. Can't blame you for trying as a newer user though.

Mar 18, 2011
Every couple months someone puts a post similar to this (some much more involved and more well done [no offense meant]) but i've yet to see any of them put any kind of damper on the rudeness we see in the bible forums. I wrote one myself once. Can't blame you for trying as a newer user though.

sometimes we have to hear the same thing over and over again before it truly sinks in, and who knows, maybe there is a newer member who missed the first memo. I know that in times gone by I have felt more heated than I feel now. And hearing this again, helps me to walk a little farther from the edge of frustration, I definitely appreciate the post. :)

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
"Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."