AirAsia Flight Missing 150+ Passengers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

AirAsia Flight From Indonesia to Singapore Missing: Airline

asia.jpg

A jet traveling from Indonesia to Singapore has gone missing, airline AirAsia said, NBC News reported. "AirAsia Indonesia regrets to confirm that flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control," the airline posted to social media. More than 150 people are aboard, according to reports. Indonesia Transport Ministry official Hadi Mustofa said the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact, Reuters reported. This is a developing story. Check back here for updates.

AirAsia Flight From Indonesia to Singapore Missing, Airline Says - NBC News

Last edited:
J

JustAnotherUser

Either a Muslim hijacker(s) or a huge conspiracy that follows up with the other missing planes earlier this year. Wouldn't have there been evidence if people on the plane were able to make phone calls before possible crash?

Dec 12, 2013
Tragic for sure and makes me a little nervous as I am supposed to fly an a-380 airbus to Australia tomorrow....longest commercial flight in the world...from Dallas to Sydney........flew from L.A. to Sydney 6 weeks ago and had no problem...hope this one goes well HAHAHA!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Moral of the story: stay away from Malaysian owned airlines.

T

Thailand_Paul

Moral of the story: stay away from Malaysian owned airlines.
I've used Air Asia a few times as well as some of the other no-frills airlines in SE Asia. Never had a problem. Most of their fleets are relatively new and well maintained. Service is way better than mainstream "farang" owned airlines too.

BTW:
American Airlines has the dubious honour of being in two of the worst 10 and three of the worst 20 air crashes of all time — although that does include September 11 as well as the Queens crash and a 1979 disaster that saw 273 die in Chicago.

V

Viligant_Warrior

My question (somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but only somewhat): Who is collecting Asian airliners and for what purpose?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
No, I don't think so mate.
I've used Air Asia a few times as well as some of the other no-frills airlines in SE Asia. Never had a problem. Most of their fleets are relatively new and well maintained. Service is way better than mainstream "farang" owned airlines too.

BTW:
American Airlines has the dubious honour of being in two of the worst 10 and three of the worst 20 air crashes of all time — although that does include September 11 as well as the Queens crash and a 1979 disaster that saw 273 die in Chicago.
Two of them disappear and one is shot down by the Russians within the same year. If you want to go by recent track records, Malaysian isn't doing so hot.

That said, I would still hop a flight of theirs if their fares were decent. I'm not entirely serious, gents. ;)

V

Viligant_Warrior

My question (somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but only somewhat): Who is collecting Asian airliners and for what purpose?
Never mind ...

At least 40 bodies, debris found in search for missing AirAsia plane

The bodies were found in the Java Sea about six miles from the plane’s last known point of contact. The plane disappeared Sunday with 162 people on board traveling from Surbaya, Indonesia to Singapore.
The time for joking or speculating is over. May these souls rest in peace.