Akiane Kramarik

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
You mean the child in space? yea it's weird..

Discription of above painting by akiane: "Unknown Traveler"

This is what Akiane says about this particular painting (Note that i have capitalized the words that gives me the shivers):
This painting is about conquering our fears, and about discovering and respecting new worlds.

Everything unfamiliar to us – BELIEFS, cultures, or dimensions COULD BE EXPLORED without fear, indifference, or despise. We should live like travelers stopping by the bonfires during our exhausting journeys.

I painted an unknown traveler passing through who does not intend to change anything, nor to ridicule or condemn anyone, but to learn. The visitor who finds a bonfire in a foreign place RESPECTS ITS RULES and conditions and this way is able to find comfort and safety.

Perhaps this is how we too should deal with circumstances of life: as if we were observing explorers. As soon as we feel like the settlers, we start possessing the land and relationships and desire to change everyone into our own ways of life.

Respectful travelers do not go to foreign places to change anyone or anything, but to discover and experience the unknown. If we all lived like excited travelers, we would enjoy much more abundant peace, growth and love.

The fire, here, at the center of the scenery, represents wisdom, inspiration, respect, acceptance, balance and comfort. It welcomes us in search of the unknown. THERE IS UNITY IN EVERYTHING CREATED, and that's why the surroundings resemble the coals of the bonfire.

Most of us have experienced the power of fire. It commands respect – if we approach it too close, we will burn. If we stay at a safe distance, we will find comfort. Even the divine presence that I have personally experienced appeared like a fire.

The fire itself is an amazing living element. We often take fire for granted or fear it, but we here on earth have used it in farming, hunting, cooking, making tools, medicine and pigments, food preservation, water purification, ceremonies, repelling insects and predators, providing light, communication, and energy.

The atmosphere for fire has to be perfect too: strong rain, hail, snow, wind or insufficient supply of oxygen will extinguish fire. If there is too little oxygen, the fire could never be lit. If there is too much oxygen, the fire could never go out, and everything would burn without stopping. The fire thus is a symbol of our attitude towards the unknown.

I hope that the metaphor I saw in my vision will encourage others to feel more comfortable and wiser around the unknown.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
You mean the child in space? yea it's weird..

Discription of above painting by akiane: "Unknown Traveler"

This is what Akiane says about this particular painting (Note that i have capitalized the words that gives me the shivers):
This painting is about conquering our fears, and about discovering and respecting new worlds.

Everything unfamiliar to us – BELIEFS, cultures, or dimensions COULD BE EXPLORED without fear, indifference, or despise. We should live like travelers stopping by the bonfires during our exhausting journeys.

I painted an unknown traveler passing through who does not intend to change anything, nor to ridicule or condemn anyone, but to learn. The visitor who finds a bonfire in a foreign place RESPECTS ITS RULES and conditions and this way is able to find comfort and safety.

Perhaps this is how we too should deal with circumstances of life: as if we were observing explorers. As soon as we feel like the settlers, we start possessing the land and relationships and desire to change everyone into our own ways of life.

Respectful travelers do not go to foreign places to change anyone or anything, but to discover and experience the unknown. If we all lived like excited travelers, we would enjoy much more abundant peace, growth and love.

The fire, here, at the center of the scenery, represents wisdom, inspiration, respect, acceptance, balance and comfort. It welcomes us in search of the unknown. THERE IS UNITY IN EVERYTHING CREATED, and that's why the surroundings resemble the coals of the bonfire.

Most of us have experienced the power of fire. It commands respect – if we approach it too close, we will burn. If we stay at a safe distance, we will find comfort. Even the divine presence that I have personally experienced appeared like a fire.

The fire itself is an amazing living element. We often take fire for granted or fear it, but we here on earth have used it in farming, hunting, cooking, making tools, medicine and pigments, food preservation, water purification, ceremonies, repelling insects and predators, providing light, communication, and energy.

The atmosphere for fire has to be perfect too: strong rain, hail, snow, wind or insufficient supply of oxygen will extinguish fire. If there is too little oxygen, the fire could never be lit. If there is too much oxygen, the fire could never go out, and everything would burn without stopping. The fire thus is a symbol of our attitude towards the unknown.

I hope that the metaphor I saw in my vision will encourage others to feel more comfortable and wiser around the unknown.
Whoa...creepy. So "fire" demands "respect" and you shouldn't get too close to it because it will burn you. Yet, explore the unknown anyways? Yikes.

And if the "fire" was Jesus, how could that even be accurate? Jesus WANTS us to draw near to Him. And when you draw near to Him, He'll draw near to you. So...either way...conclusion? Creepy.

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011
BELIEFS, cultures, or dimensions COULD BE EXPLORED without fear
Read the capitals 'BELIEVES COULD BE EXPLORED' say what?? Are we to explore islam? judism? budism? without fear?? I'm sorry but i don't think a God fearing person would explore other believes except for Christianity that we accept God's son Jesus Christ! Because the MOST important of all is God's son Jesus Christ for salvation.
Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Yeah, I saw that. I was like "What?? No way."

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
So even if she is leading some to Christ, what about others?? What have the others decided to try? Wicca? Satanism? Other witchcraft?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Question: Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible we shouldn't be searching for what's not meant to be seen?

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

With the exception of the child in space, her paintings seem sad. The peoples expressions in her paintngs, they look sad.

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011
Question: Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible we shouldn't be searching for what's not meant to be seen?
2 Corinthians 12:2-4
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO TELL.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Yeah...they do look sad. Now the one with the black girl and the red and yellow things in front of her, she almost looks like she's afraid...