All 181 US Bishops have spoken out publicly against the HHS mandate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009
For those here in the USA, there's a lot of hubub going on over the recent ruling from the Health and Human Services department which has basically said that unless you're a church you will have to pay for health insurance that specifically covers contraception, sterilization, and abortion procedures for all your employees. That includes Catholic hospitals, universities, schools, and even Catholic convents. This is a very strong attack on religious liberty. Fortunately the Catholic Church here in the states is not backing down, as of this writing, every single Roman Catholic bishop in the United States has publicly condemned the actions of the HHS dept. Not only that, we've had statements of support from the Eastern Orthodox bishops, members of the Lutheran Synods, and even some Jewish and Evangelical clergy have joined in.

For those of us here in the states, this is a major fight for religious liberty. Even if you disagree with us theologically on these issues, I would pray and hope you'll stand with us in condemning this encroachment of the Federal government on our religious morals. If they can do it for us Catholics, what's next? Forcing the SDA to hold church services on Sunday? Making Bible Colleges accept homosexual marriage and provide benefits? Censoring sermons?

Stand with us and help us protect the right to worship Our Lord and follow His teachings according to our moral conscience.

And here's a list of other groups and colleges speaking out.

1. Colorado Christian University (nondenominational) - filed lawsuit
2. The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod – issued statement
3. National Association of Evangelical Protestants – issued statement
4. Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America – issued statement
5. Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops – issued statement
6. Anglican Church in North America – issued statement
7. Reformed Theological Seminary – issued statement
8. American Life League – issued statement
9. Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission – issued statement

More here

B

BADDOG

this is not a new thing or link !!!!
and no news link was posted ???

please keep this link for news only and all people can view the news link !!!

thanks

BADDOG

dscherck

Aug 3, 2009
The links are in the paragraph. Look at the bolded portion of the text.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Aug 2, 2009
Yeah I can't believe the government is even getting involved in things like contraception. You know this is just to keep the drug makers happy. They are the ones who will be rolling in dough with this new law. Oh and the politicians who like the big contributions and free perks that they get from drug makers too. This has got to stop.

dscherck

Aug 3, 2009
It's not really even about contraception. It's about forcing religiously affiliated organizations to violate their moral conscience. Bishop William Lori offered a wonderful comparison parable about a Kosher deli. You can read it here:
The Parable of the Kosher Deli | Daily News | NCRegister.com

This is something that all religious Americans should be up in arms about. If they can force us Catholics to subsidize abortion, contraception, or sterilization against our wills, what will they force your church to do? Will they have the right then to say you can't preach on certain subjects? Where does it end?

S

sllhouette

In one way this is a blessing in that it gives us the opportunity to express why contraception is so harmful. There is a lot of ignorance as to just what the catholic teachings are in this matter.

I found a great talk online that expresses quite well what John Paul II said in his writings on the theology of the body. It's quite long but well worth a listen for any christian. You can find it here.

T

tonyisnotashamed

In one way this is a blessing in that it gives us the opportunity to express why contraception is so harmful. There is a lot of ignorance as to just what the catholic teachings are in this matter.

I found a great talk online that expresses quite well what John Paul II said in his writings on the theology of the body. It's quite long but well worth a listen for any christian. You can find it here.
I total agree with you sllhouette. I am glad that they are taking a stand for what is right. This is an interesting topic that people should know about. I look forward to listening to the "Naked without shame."