All is a gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

I am saying that it is false to say that it takes years to bear fruit. Every branch in Christ bears fruit, even the new ones

Blessings.
Umm, I think you missed the question what are these fruits you speak of?

Dec 27, 2018
Umm, I think you missed the question what are these fruits you speak of?
Since the SPIRIT OF GOD is the one who produces, enables, gives the desire, strengthens, empowers, and provides, why put limitations on what kind of fruit a person can produce?

as far as fruit of the Spirit, equally available to all

as far as fruit of reproducing, making disciples, it is God who gives the increase (not us) anyways.

So as far as I'm concerned, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM WHO BELIEVES, WHETHER NEW OR MATURE CHRISTIAN

ACCCORDING TO YOUR FAITH, IT SHALL BE;

OH AND IT IS GOD THAT GIVES MEASURES OF FAITH. BUT LET'S NOT LIMIT WHAT HE IS ABLE TO DO, BY SAYING THAT ONLY MATURE BELIEVERS CAN DO SUCH AND SUCH

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I am calm. It's a question. Is sanctification part of salvation? Adoption?
We become Saints when we believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for our salvation..

I am a Saint. And everyone who is a Christian is a Saint..

Dec 27, 2018
We become Saints when we believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for our salvation..

I am a Saint. And everyone who is a Christian is a Saint..
SO then sanctification is part of salvation, of course we are in agreement.

The reason I ask, is because in your first post, you said...

salvation is not all the other gift boxes you talked about..
Yet the boxes (excluding purpose/works God gives us for now) were regeneration, Justification. adoption, Fellowship with God, Sanctification, hope! It seems that all these are part of salvation...that is why I asked which gifts you did not think were part of salvation.

and the purpose of God for your life I would say would be included in the things that God prepared for you long before you were born, (see Ephesians 2:10)

...and there are two aspects of sanctification.

a. Perfected standing before God IN POSITION as Holy (initial sanctification) which is ONCE FOR ALL

and

b. the fruit of sanctification being manifested in our walk, (1 Thessalonians 4:3), which is progressive and growing. This also is a GIFT of God

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
SO then sanctification is part of salvation, of course we are in agreement.

The reason I ask, is because in your first post, you said...

Yet the boxes (excluding purpose/works God gives us for now) were regeneration, Justification. adoption, Fellowship with God, Sanctification, hope! It seems that all these are part of salvation...that is why I asked which gifts you did not think were part of salvation.

and the purpose of God for your life I would say would be included in the things that God prepared for you long before you were born, (see Ephesians 2:10)

...and there are two aspects of sanctification.

a. Perfected standing before God IN POSITION as Holy (initial sanctification) which is ONCE FOR ALL

and

b. the fruit of sanctification being manifested in our walk, (1 Thessalonians 4:3), which is progressive and growing. This also is a GIFT of God
Sanctification is not a Process.. Being a Saint is an instantaneous transition upon us believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured for us... We become Saints 100% when we are indwelled by the Holy Spirit.. We do not start out at 5% saint and then over the years finally make it to 100% Saint status..

Those other things are not part of us being saved and thus our Saint status..

They are separate bonus things that are an outcome of us becoming Saints.. Not a part of what causes us to slowly reach Saint status..

So there is no process after we become Saints.. That make us more Saintly..

There is the fruit that comes as a result of us being sanctified Saints..

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Ok, so on the "Not of Grace" thread, I have been called a liar, a scripture twister, a deceiver, a false teacher, and a host of other names. For saying this...
Well brother, if you believe all is a gift, I think you're right.

U

UnderGrace

Sanctification is not a Process.. Being a Saint is an instantaneous transition upon us believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured for us... We become Saints 100% when we are indwelled by the Holy Spirit.. We do not start out at 5% saint and then over the years finally make it to 100% Saint status..

Those other things are not part of us being saved and thus our Saint status..

They are separate bonus things that are an outcome of us becoming Saints.. Not a part of what causes us to slowly reach Saint status..

So there is no process after we become Saints.. That make us more Saintly..

There is the fruit that comes as a result of us being sanctified Saints..
Perfect!!

Thank you......get so tired of hearing how we are being slowly sanctified.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Dispensation Vine's Dictionary of New Testament Words; dispensation:

is not a period or epoch (a common, but erroneous, use of the word), but a mode of dealing, an arrangement, or administration of affairs

The stewardship/administration/stewardship committed to Paul, "to fulfill the Word of God. To unfold the completion of the Divinely arranged TIME CYCLES (seasons) OF TRUTH. SEE: Eph 1: 9-10 - Eph 3:2-6, Col 1:25-27 & Cor 9-17

Sanctification:

KJV Dictionary SANCTIFICA'TION definition: The act of making holy, the act of consecrating or of setting apart for a sacred purpose.

So, to sanctify, something is to set it apart for special use. The moment we believe/trust place our faith in Christ's Sin atoning death, burial & resurrection. God saves (judicially justifies), seal's (via the Holy spirit) & sanctifies (sets us apart, for a work/mission Eph 2:10).

At the moment we truly make the decision to trust Christ we are justified/saved (DONE DEAL). Our salvation is forever secure. We are also (at the point of receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit) sanctified (set apart for a sacred purpose) all at the same time.

However, Sanctification is a process, that continues, "which we must work through" (Phil 2:12) until the day of our final redemption. When we meet the Lord & receive a new incorruptible/heavenly body.

Final point:

At the White Throne Judgment Rev 20 (No Believers here) the UNSAVED will pay for every sin they ever commited under the law's rules.

The saved will stand at the judgment seat (greek-bema) of Christ (Rom 14:10-12, 1 Cor 3:10-4:5 & 2 Cor 5:1-10.) No sin is discussed here. Faith placed in Christ's sin redemptive payment paid/washed ALL the believers sins away. At Calvary, Christ became sin & took upon Himself all the judgment/condemnation every believer deserved.

The believers work done during the life long SANCTIFICATION process is discussed here. And rewards are given (even a drink of water Matt 10:42 Mk 9:41 given in Christ's name receives a reward). Also see 1 Cor 3:12-23. MOO! = My Opinion