Allergies, nasal congestion and sour throats

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

I've found that for allergies taking a teaspoon of local honey (produced by bees in your area) helps. I believer there is a study that shows that the bees produce a chemical secreted in the honey that helps your immune system cope with allergies.

Some people use nasal sprays to clean out their nasal cavities.

Personally I prefer homemade tea. I add freshly chopped ginger, slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey. it really helps with sour throats and congestion.

I also love soup :)

what do you use?

Oct 31, 2011
When Honey is heated above 120 degrees the hormones that make it so healthful are killed. Honey is heated to 180 to liquefy the honey so it can be extracted from the cones easily. You can buy this honey extracted at lower temperatures called raw honey, but it is more expensive. Most people who sell honey can't be bothered. If the honey you buy is clear you can be sure it was heated enough to kill the hormones.

H

heliza

i use remedies and charope homemade

A

Ariel82

? you can't kill hormones since they aren't alive.

its possible to denature proteins.

amylase, or in the case of honey diastase, is normally not denatured until 150 degrees F

Honey diastase activity modified by heating

found only in the raw form of honey in a form known as diastase, which is believed to contribute to clearing antigen-antibody immune complexes associated with allergies to pollens - See more at: IN FAVOR OF HONEY

J

jerusalem

hellza what is charope

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
What is a "sour throat"? :D

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
Charope is the portuguese word for cough syrup. I assume she means homemade cough syrup, traditional thing to do in Brazil. At home we have a strange homemade cough syrup concoction of honey, pomegranate skins, and onions put through a blender pureed. It comes out as a strange thick almost pasty syrup. It does wonders though. Not for the faint of textures, flavors and not so pleasant breath :p