ALS.... Am I alone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2mayday2

Do you know what ALS is? It runs in my family, and my mom died from it six months ago. I'm 16. I keep thinking I must be the only teenager who has a parent that died or suffers from ALS... So, I'm asking: Am I alone in this? If your parent or someone close to you has this disease and you're close to my age, please please let me know... I could really use someone to talk to about this stuff who knows exactly what I'm going through...

thanks,

"May"

N

Nancyer

May, please know how sorry I am about your mom. My prayers and love go out to you. While I am not your age (51) I did have an aunt who died of ALS when I was very young. My dad's sister. I don't remember much about her but I know the stories of what happened and pray for those with the disease and the family members dealing with it. Trust that God is there for you and knows what you are going through. Talk to Him! Say everything that is in your heart, He wants to hear you and to help you! He loves you now and forever. I understand the sadness of losing a parent, my mom died very unexpectedly back in 2007 - healthy, planning a vacation, died in her sleep. It took me several years to even say the word died. I miss her every single day. I hadn't found Christ back then but really REALLY wish I had! The church I attend now would have been a huge blessing back then, so I urge you to turn to your church, if you attend one, turn to friends, family, people who know you and know what your going through. Keep praying. I know it's hard to see and believe right now but God turns everything for our good, so there will be some good in this at some point. Be ready for it....

I hope you get through this and find comfort. My love and prayers your way,

Your friend in Christ,
Nancy

A

Alsfamilyvictim

You are not alone. I am 15 (16 in august) and my grandfather who is like a dad 2 me has this curse. Its getting much harder on me. He has had it for 5 years or so. Lately i have been cruing myself to sleep and listening to sad songs. I have been trying to find a pen pal with family who has or had Als. I hate how it affectes me and i cant take it anymore

P

pusparinjani

hey you are not alone, i still have both of my parents, but my mum grew up without a mother, my grandma passed away when my mum was like 16/15 and it was by an accident, and it was a big accident tho at that moment, mum never seen my grandma since that accident after my grandma passed away. my mum needed to take care of her 5 siblings, etc etc, it was a hard life i suppose, but she became a really great mum for me :) soo it doesnt mean u r alone then u cant face ur life :) . God is also ur parent. He's not only God :)

if u need someone to talk just msg me if u want :)

God Bless xx!