Am I being too picky?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

farrahanne91

There's this guy I went on a date with last week.. We've been friends for about a year now, and he's a sweetheart. Very polite, and a Godly man. But he's a couple inches shorter than me and he's super skinny (which I'm not) so I feel huge next to him. I feel bad for that being the only thing holding me back from going on more dates, but I just feel really awkward standing next to him. Any thoughts? Please? :/

S

Sooner28

There's this guy I went on a date with last week.. We've been friends for about a year now, and he's a sweetheart. Very polite, and a Godly man. But he's a couple inches shorter than me and he's super skinny (which I'm not) so I feel huge next to him. I feel bad for that being the only thing holding me back from going on more dates, but I just feel really awkward standing next to him. Any thoughts? Please? :/
I really hope height isn't the main factor. And as to body size, it's all up to you. If you like him be with him (not the shortness or skinnyness) but him. If not, then break it off. People are gonna talk and say what they will, but it all comes down to how happy you are together.

Jul 13, 2009
I really hope height isn't the main factor. And as to body size, it's all up to you. If you like him be with him (not the shortness or skinnyness) but him. If not, then break it off. People are gonna talk and say what they will, but it all comes down to how happy you are together.
I agree with Josh. It's all about being happy with your partner and not forcing yourself to like someone you know there will be no future with.

B

Bobbyking

Hi

The good thing about dating is that you always have a choice of what you want. If you really cannot accept this height and thin issues, then I advice you not to go further than where you are right now. In the meantime, enjoy the godly clean fun dating which both of you have at the moment.

If God has spoken to both of you to consider a serious relationship together, then ask God for wisdom and the grace to accept the man whom God has brought into your life.

Before I got married, I have been a skinny boy right from birth! After marriage, I 'exploded' a little and my wife asked me to reduce a little. Currently, I am skinny again and my wife thinks I should put on a little more. It never ends!:D

I told my three daughters that I have only one criteria for their choice of soul mate - that the man must always lead them closer to Jesus Christ everyday.:cool: The rest of the criteria, I have asked them to work with the Holy Spirit and of course, I will be more than willing to advise if they ask.:D

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
If your only reason for not liking him is.

A. His height.

B. His frame.

Then yes, you are being too picky.

"he's a sweetheart. Very polite, and a Godly man."

This is what you should be looking for. If you like him emotionally the physical attraction should follow eventually.