am I doing the right thing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

collective

I was sexually abused for as long as I can remember by my next door neighbour, it ended when I was 11 yrs old, he moved away when I was 12, I grew up as an adult accepting that knowledge to be apart of me, I also knew that when I was a child I had warts down in "that area", something I vaguely remember being in hospital to get them burnt off but never thought much of it through my life,
( the only reason it stopped because mum and dad finally had a confrontation whilst he was at our front door about minor things that he had been doing to me only for him to put the blame on me),
Recently I was led to find out the truth about what happened to me as a child, so I sent away for the hospital records where I had them burnt off, which I got back only last week

It said on the hospital medical records that I was admitted in hospital at the age of 5 and a half in 1980 and that the general practioner was treating them for the last two years!!!! That means I contracted genital warts at the age of 3 and a half years old This has totally rocked my world, The fact that this happened and that no adults stood up for me, my parents the hospital, even my doctor treating them or anyone else that may have known made it a police matter then, my mother hid the truth from my dad, he was at work(My Dad never acted indecently and inappropriate towards me in that way) but he failed to ask questions of the nature of the warts and neglected to do anything at all, therefore this abuse continued without no-one caring up until I was 11,throughout those years of sexual abuse with this person I bonded with him as he was a source of comfort and somewhere to go because I had it bad at school and bad at home, ,I shouldn’t have to be blamed because I needed comfort from an adult even though this was happening to me ,I didn’t know any better but finding this out has totally unfounded my basis as I’m absolutely stoked, disgusted now disgusting in myself for the first time

It horrified me to know that I got genital warts at that age, I have a son turning four in October, I would never let my son out the front door without my supervision, how could this happen to me?? My only guess is that my mother suffered mental illness and in her state of mind at the time and the undisciplined child in her hair she would let me out the front door, and at that age I would have wondered into my next door neighbours yard where I had no understanding or caution and he could just easily pick me up, take me into his domain and do what he will with me, then finish with me then let me go, would’ve passed the warts onto my small parts. he was a married man in his late forties early fifties, this is the best way I could make sense of this i because I’m getting no answers from my parents, all I’m getting is I didn’t know or I don’t remember, I’ve had to make them own this because from my mum I get blame, I’ve finally could put the blame onto her and from my dad until previously it just got swept under the carpet ,this explains why I never loved my mother or why I never got on with her growing up because of the secrets she kept about this, she was mentally disturbed for a long time in which we grew up with, I’m dealing this the best way that I can even though I have slipped into alcohol from this, I believe that God has cried for me over this, so I am glad that he Saved me when I was 14, Praise Jesus and Praise God He Saved me back then because I don’t think I would’ve gotten Saved at a later stage in my life otherwise, I thank God for that

I have got the police involved now and have a copy of the medical records I have this feeling that he might be passed away, I heard that it can still go to trial regardless, and there is victim compensation, , I believe I’m doing the right thing for me, I and the police investigation may go on for a while but Im wondering still is it really worth it, , Its hard for me to have any respect for them at the moment, though I try, I’m distant from them and I cant be open with them also I’m concerned that I have left this too late and should have done this when I was single and more freedom and the animal that fashioned my life is dead before I could get earthly justice before God sends him to eternal fire if he didn’t repent of his sins through Jesus.

My thinking is all over the place and my heart can be in the wrong place about this and the future on this, and I am alone in this at the moment and cant trust anyone that I meet to say anything about what I am going through, I could really use prayer and what others might think

Last edited:

grace

Sep 8, 2006
We all look for justice and a way to have wrongs righted in our own way. If this is what you need to do for you....then by all means do it prayfully.
It is quite frustrating to see how so many adults (including medical professionals and your own parents) did not step up to intervene on behalf of such a small child to protect their innocence.

My heart broke reading your story....Keep praying as you move foward in your journey of healing, and know that there will be others praying for you as well.

M

motojojo

I will never understand that things like this happen and no one says a thing. These MONSTERS should be castrated or worst. I'm sorry for your pain, I know people that deal with the same things, and its tough on them. Parents never let your kids out of your sight!!! I will pray that you can get over this and know that GOD loves you as do all of us!

S

starsailorgirl

all i can do for u is praying now..

i support you, Be Strong! because Jesus is in Your side and be The Defender.. God Bless

J

jesusfreak73

i didnt go thru this but my oldest son was abused both sexually & physically by one of his mothers b/f. nothing ever happened as far as charges. they just keep telling me they r still investigating. okay i can understand an investigation but my son is going to be 15 in december, this all happened when he was like 7. i myself still have problems with this. although it probably go no where. cause i think if they were going to file charges they would have by now.

i wrote this to let u know that u are not alone. as i am sure u know. God has helped me & my family conquer our anger, as i know he will help u. i pray that whatever may happen thru charges or victim relief that God will hold u in His loving arms during it all. which i know He will.

u will be in my prayers. God loves u & so do i. God Bless You

Aug 13, 2009
I was sexually abused for as long as I can remember by my next door neighbour, it ended when I was 11 yrs old, he moved away when I was 12, I grew up as an adult accepting that knowledge to be apart of me, I also knew that when I was a child I had warts down in "that area", something I vaguely remember being in hospital to get them burnt off but never thought much of it through my life,
( the only reason it stopped because mum and dad finally had a confrontation whilst he was at our front door about minor things that he had been doing to me only for him to put the blame on me),
Recently I was led to find out the truth about what happened to me as a child, so I sent away for the hospital records where I had them burnt off, which I got back only last week

It said on the hospital medical records that I was admitted in hospital at the age of 5 and a half in 1980 and that the general practioner was treating them for the last two years!!!! That means I contracted genital warts at the age of 3 and a half years old This has totally rocked my world, The fact that this happened and that no adults stood up for me, my parents the hospital, even my doctor treating them or anyone else that may have known made it a police matter then, my mother hid the truth from my dad, he was at work(My Dad never acted indecently and inappropriate towards me in that way) but he failed to ask questions of the nature of the warts and neglected to do anything at all, therefore this abuse continued without no-one caring up until I was 11,throughout those years of sexual abuse with this person I bonded with him as he was a source of comfort and somewhere to go because I had it bad at school and bad at home, ,I shouldn’t have to be blamed because I needed comfort from an adult even though this was happening to me ,I didn’t know any better but finding this out has totally unfounded my basis as I’m absolutely stoked, disgusted now disgusting in myself for the first time

It horrified me to know that I got genital warts at that age, I have a son turning four in October, I would never let my son out the front door without my supervision, how could this happen to me?? My only guess is that my mother suffered mental illness and in her state of mind at the time and the undisciplined child in her hair she would let me out the front door, and at that age I would have wondered into my next door neighbours yard where I had no understanding or caution and he could just easily pick me up, take me into his domain and do what he will with me, then finish with me then let me go, would’ve passed the warts onto my small parts. he was a married man in his late forties early fifties, this is the best way I could make sense of this i because I’m getting no answers from my parents, all I’m getting is I didn’t know or I don’t remember, I’ve had to make them own this because from my mum I get blame, I’ve finally could put the blame onto her and from my dad until previously it just got swept under the carpet ,this explains why I never loved my mother or why I never got on with her growing up because of the secrets she kept about this, she was mentally disturbed for a long time in which we grew up with, I’m dealing this the best way that I can even though I have slipped into alcohol from this, I believe that God has cried for me over this, so I am glad that he Saved me when I was 14, Praise Jesus and Praise God He Saved me back then because I don’t think I would’ve gotten Saved at a later stage in my life otherwise, I thank God for that

I have got the police involved now and have a copy of the medical records I have this feeling that he might be passed away, I heard that it can still go to trial regardless, and there is victim compensation, , I believe I’m doing the right thing for me, I and the police investigation may go on for a while but Im wondering still is it really worth it, , Its hard for me to have any respect for them at the moment, though I try, I’m distant from them and I cant be open with them also I’m concerned that I have left this too late and should have done this when I was single and more freedom and the animal that fashioned my life is dead before I could get earthly justice before God sends him to eternal fire if he didn’t repent of his sins through Jesus.

My thinking is all over the place and my heart can be in the wrong place about this and the future on this, and I am alone in this at the moment and cant trust anyone that I meet to say anything about what I am going through, I could really use prayer and what others might think
Sister, my heart goes out to you and I have been through child abuse and sexual abuse but it was from my dad, my great grandpa and great uncle. I do not ever remember not being abused as a child. I us to experience horrible flashbacks about the abuse.

My great grandpa died in front of me when I was 9 years old and my great uncle has also passed away. I last saw my dad in 1999 and forgave him at that time. I know longer have hurt, bitterness, hate, anger anymore and there is love in my heart for his soul to be saved.

I know it is horrible what is done to us as children and it is hard to even make sense of it all as an adult but the Lord can give us a peace of mind that surpasses all understanding. I want to encourage you as a Christian that there is hope beyond the abuse with Christ Jesus. The Lord has helped me to go from a victim to a survivor to living in Christ Jesus to walking in His Spirit.

I know longer desire revenge and no matter what I did it would not change what had happen to me as a child. But one thing has changed my heart, my thoughts, my mind, feelings, emotions etc. cause God has given me a new heart and mind and done for me what I could not do for myself.

I know longer blame my mother and other relatives for not protecting me as a child. They have been forgiven as I have been forgiven for my sins also.

The Word of God tells us to pray, do good and bless our enemies and I know there is freedom within from all the scares that so deeply cut us. God will even make our enemies as peace with us.

Again, I am sorry this happened but I will caution you to really check your heart and make sure it is the Lord wanting you to do this and not the devil trying to stir this up to place you in bondage within cause I have been there and it can be worse then the abuse itself.

If you ever want to talk let me know.

God bless you,

Sis Ren

Last edited:
C

collective

I so appreciate all the feedback and the prayers, something must be working through your prayers and its nice to be prayed for being a coal peice on its own

A

Amy81986

I agree that while this was happening God with with you and crying. I believe you should go forward with the investigation. But not by revenge but to help others and yourself. You are in my prayers!

B

broken

If you can, and the police can, track this guy down, you should do everything in your power to assist them. Do not be motivated by revenge or justice, the only motivation you require is the motivation to prevent others from suffering the same thing.

Pedophilia is one of those things that pretty much never goes away. Chances are, if he did it to you, he'll do it to someone else.

Stay in prayer about it, there's a pile of pain associated with it.

May 21, 2009
I'm so sorry what happened to you. As far as we know the man could be alive old and still doing his evil acts to another child. Do what you need to do to make sure he isn't still doing it. Your parents the Dr not helping you and putting a stop to your torment is horrble. You have every right to feel betrayed. But like someone else said it is very important for you to forgive all these people. That's what God says for us to do, forgive and pray for them. That sets you free. Then the hurt can't keep tormenting you. Remember every bad thing that happens to us God can use for good. You will be used by God to help others who have had the same thing done to them. A lady I know had this evil act done to her as a child. For 25 yrs she ask why Lord why? One day a man came to church and it was clear he was gay. After a lil while he stopped going to church. The Lord told the lady to go to the mans house. So she did. The man was very upset and mad. He told how he was raped as a boy. He was mad. This man wasn't saved. The lady told him she understood his pain. He was very mad and said you know nothing of my pain. She told him how she also was raped over and over as a lil child. They both cried for each other and themselves. He excepted God. The Lord told the lady by what had happened to her she was used to bring this man to God. The next day the man killed himself. He was saved so he got to go to heaven. God bless you always,love