Am I stuck?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

canole1983

I'm back with my off/on boyfriend of 10 yrs. I also just found out I have depression and anxiety issues. I'm not sure if being with him is adding to my issues. But the thought of not being with him makes me feel really scared. I want to believe we're meant to be but sometimes I think I'd be better off by myself. I'm so confused!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
It sounds like you don't really have peace about the relationship?

Either way, if you're not sure if you would be better off without him or not, it doesn't sound like it's a great relationship. :s

C

canole1983

You're right, its not the best relationship. But we have a daughter together but at the same timeI don't want to live a life of sin. Thx for responding.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Honestly, I'm thinking you should leave. I know it's easier said than done, but... yeah. :( Use the time apart to focus on your relationship with Jesus, and I think you'll be a LOT happier.

C

canole1983

You're right, I need to stay focused on Jesus and everything will be ok.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
i don't there is a meant to be. If you love him and want to get married, do so.

C

canole1983

I like ur get to the point reply. :) Thanks!

U

Ugly

His reply may be 'to the point', but it also leaves God out of the picture.

Aug 15, 2009
So many women are drawn into these relationships for emotional security, to feel loved, and to just have sex. Most of them claim that is not their intentions. But the end result is always the same: he helps pay the bills, I don't feel lonely, but you realize this isn't filling the gap in your life.
2 reasons why: 1. You're not in love with him. You thought it was love, and discovered it was only a substitute. 2. The love that you really need can only come from God.
But now you feel stuck. How will you tell him the truth? And what about the baby? How can you go forward from here?
Giving your life to Christ won't be a quick fix for your problem. But God can make the way easier for all of you. :)

B

BADDOG

Hi all GBU

if your on and off with your b/f why is that ?? and if it didnt work the first few times why do you think it will work now when it clearly didnt before ???

Or is it a comfort thing you know him well so its safe ground for you ,,,,, 10 years is a long time to be on and off with someone ,,,,,,why not if this fails look for someone new in your life ,,,,now thats scary but thirling all at the same time

I quess my question is really :--- can you see your life with your b/f till the end of your days ??? if not all your doing is wasting his and your time ,,,, after all its been ten years

GBU and i hope you get the help you need

BADDOG