Am I the only Christian who has some misgivings about "The Shack"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sonofjay817

very interesting. Just for this, i might actually get the book and read it.
My way of seeing things is before you disregard a book, try to read it first with some filters in mind of course.
Judge for yourself whether the content is correct or not.
Didn't God told us to test ALL spirit whether it comes from the Lord or not.

I would not be confident and have the authority to say one book is bad but never actually read it.
To me it's ridiculous.
I for one is always curious.
I have read Koran, Tripitaka, and Book of Tao until I came to conclusions that Bible is the absolute truth.
(but, oddly I never have the chance to read RG Veda -hinduism).

Why would you believe someone else's bias opinion toward something than your own?
Read it, compare it with God from the bible, and see for yourself if the book is not to your likings.
It's funny to me that the other day I just talked to a guy who believe that chronicles of narnia is satanic due to the usage of "magic" in the story.

Also, just because the book says it's non fiction, it does not mean we can swallow everything in.
The truth also applies to fiction works.
Test All the spirits! that's my final answer :p
Cool. Let me know what you think once you've read it.

S

Slepsog4

Check out this review:

http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=4197151&content_id={BD2A81F9-D18E-4F49-BFEE-CAF9F8799D4F}&notoc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.