Am I the only one?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

softball87

Is this for real? Am I the only one?

I know that God appears to us in different ways and I am thankful that He does.

Twice now I've had visits by the evil one. The first time was almost 20 years ago and my exhusband saw him and experienced it too. Three nights ago I was visited again. I was in a half awake state and laying on my back when all of the sudden someone or something shoved me hard in the back of my right shoulder. The only other person in my home that night was my mother and she was in a different bedroom asleep. She has no idea that this has happened. The only other person that knows that this happened is my exhusband which I called the same night. We prayed, I read some specific Bible verses regarding God's promises and how I wasn't to fear, then I played my CD "To Hell With the Devil" for the rest of the night. Last night I was visited again only this time it was visions of horror with no physical appearance.

All of this has unnerved me but I know that with God I am ok. I know that God is by my side and that the evil one can't hurt me with God being with there with me. Can anyone tell me or help explain to me why I am going through this?

B

Brandon777

I know of at least four other people who have had similar experiences, none of which were crazy. I myself am familiar with the physical manifestations of spiritual beings from hell. Two of them were evangelists, the one was a Christian lay person and the other was unsure of their spiritual stance. In America it's unusual to hear about demonic oppression or hauntings because it's taboo and people don't want to be seen as wierd or crazy. The Bible is clear that demons are active with the humans of the earth. In the Bible Job had an attack directly from Satan on his family and possessions even though He was a good man in the sight of God. So it could be with Job that God is making a point that an attack won't draw you away from God. Or it could be something else. There's a chance that it could be comming from a witch or warlock that has an issue with you because you're a Christian. As long as you havn't fooled around with anything occultic it usually won't last very long in my experience. My advice is just to keep God close because there is a good reason why you're going through this. If you knew why then there would be less trust required on your part. And trust in God is what He really likes in people. "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."(Hebrews 11:6) This will test how much you trust God. And when it's over you'll be more focused on what matters.

If God doesn't want this to go away quickly like you might, then you'll learn how not to fear. That's what happened to me. I am no longer afraid of demons or darkness. Not to say I would go anywhere near a horror movie. That stuff is trash. Keep in mind, we really don't know how much God protects us from on a regular basis, and be thankful for the things you don't know about. :]

Last edited:
U

Ugly

First off i'd like to give a shout out for the 'Styper' reference in your story hahaha.

Secondly, yes, these things do happen. I have a friend here on CC who has had marks left on her from similar attacks. Nothing major, but enough to prove she wasn't nuts, hehe.

Once, as a teen, i was in my bedroom with a friend, we were praying together, face to face. During the prayer i kept looking behind me, towards this particular corner near the ceiling. After we finished our prayers i told my friend what i was feeling, so he wanted to pray for that too haha. While he was praying for me i felt what felt like 3 claws slowly slide down my right shoulder blade. There was no way another person could have done that. By the time we finished the prayer the 'eerie' feeling was gone. But not the memory of that feeling on my shoulder.

I've heard plenty of other stories over the years i just don't have recall on specifically. So yeah, it happens.

B

barukhmalachi

This is not a test from god. There may be an item in the house that opened the door to demons. It could be occultic activity against you. But there is a reason that door is open. You do have the authority over the devil. I had a dream once that was as real as being awake. It may have been from god. In the dream a close christian friend could not go home because the devil had taken over her place. I went over and began to bless the house. It was not a demon, it was satan himself. As I was blessing the house he was screetching a horrible blood curtling sound. He went crazy bouncing from wall to ceiling to wall. He left blood stains all over. It was like a crime scene. The blood was glowing and a color like green but like I've never seen before. Then he was gone. If you want rid of him, you have to annoint your house. Playing christian music 24/7 helps cleanse the atmosphere. If you want to know how you can message me. Its a lot of typing that I don't want to get into unless someone is serious about doing it.

S

softball87

I appreciate all of the responses. It's good to know that there are answers and that I'm not alone. One of you hit upon a theory that my ex and I have and I want to run it by you.

I left my husband in May. In June I started becoming a little closer to God. When I was with my husband we only went to church, we never did any Bible study together and I never thought to do it on my own. In June I started doing a 5 minute nightly Bible study before going to bed. After the divorce in September I moved 2000 miles away and into my mom's home where I currently reside. My sisters and I had a falling out over 10 years ago and they came to visit my mom a couple of weeks after my arriving here. I had deep hurt almost to the point of physical pain when they were here. After they left I increased my Bible study to the point in December where I was reading for 45 minutes to an hour or more at a time a day. During the month of December and part of January I was very strict in making sure that I took time to study my Bible each night around 7 or 8 pm and then do nothing else. Lately I've been hanging out on an emotional support website to help others as well as to help myself. I'm being drawn in. The other night one of my friends from where my ex lives contacted me on FB while I was on the support site and told me that he was going to kill himself. This friend is an athiest and claimes to be Wiccan. In fact, I have 5 friends in that state who are Wiccan. I have little to no contact with any of these people since I left. That night I was so drawn in to what was happening to my friend and to what was happening on the support site that it didn't even dawn on me that I missed my devotional time until it was well after midnight. I did a brief devotional before retiring that night. I am also starting a recovery chapter in my life in dealing with childhood sexual abuse and rape.

Last night I was online and my mom was watching a 2 hour most wanted show. I didn't watch but I could hear what was going on as I was right next to the television. It was almost as if I was at the scene of the crime. Mom is watching more of these shows and I have to admit I was so engrossed with what I was hearing that I didn't even think to get away. My only thought was "I can't believe things like this happen and people do these types of things."

Could all of these things combined be the reason this is happening?

B

Brandon777

"Could all of these things combined be the reason this is happening?" Maybe. I think it's very possible that your wiccan friends are talking to demons about you. And that is the reason for the attacks. They can still be on friendly terms with you if they are themselves confused enough to think it's a good thing to talk to demons on your behalf as you do to God for them.

S

softball87

thank you for your answers. I believe I'm starting to understand what is happening. I appreciate the candidness.