AMA: Hello old friends! I was on MasterChef, ask me anything!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
just did a crock pot with corned beef point and sauerkraut, bay leaf and a few tellicherry peppercorns, I prefer tellicherry, it is one of the KFC secrets as it leaves a warm aftertaste, and EVERYTHING needs a bay leaf. Is there anything you would not put a Bay leaf in?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Oh I had almost forgotten....

I corned a whole brisket (well most of it) back when I found them on sale for just over a dollar per pound. It's just a variant of pickling spice and prague powder. But I went a bit beyond...heh heh heh.

And I need to pull one of the corned beef roasts out for dinner for St Patrick's Day...to go with cabbage and new potatoes and horseradish sauce...

My wife hated the dish until I made it for her...but to her these days it's all about the horseradish sauce. It's her favorite these days.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
digging horseradish season will be coming up soon!

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Man oh man that corned beef was excellent. Much much better than any I have purchased before.
My wife wasn't sure as she watched me collect the spices and brew them into the brine.
But from the first bite she was hooked and told me that we were never buying another one. I'm to cure all of them that we eat in the future.

I'll agree that the flavor was much improved...spices and beef flavors were much more pronounced in this one over the ones bought in the store.

First time success...I was shocked. I usually fail three times before I get success.
This one was a home run out of the gate.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Not fair to tempt us so and not give your secret recipe.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Not fair to tempt us so and not give your secret recipe.
Are you comfortable using prague powder?
And by that I mean do you know how to keep it from being carcinogenic or poisonous?

It's not exactly something that everyone should use without some training.

And you will also need an injection needle for meat. Again, not exactly something that everyone should use.

But if so just pm me and I'll get it for you.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
It'd ok about the Prague Powder, I have Medicare.