Amends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 19, 2011
Have you ever made amends for a past sin?
Have you ever not made amends for a past sin?
I am fairly new in my Christian walk and have hurt some people in the past, stole from people ect.
When did you feel the need to make amends?

Jun 19, 2011
Also how did you make amends if you did so?

Ive thought about making amends but the thought of actually knocking on someones door and talking about it could be troubling for me. Ive liked apogly letters, though i am not sure which is better in God's eyes. (if he prefers one over the other)

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
As humans yeah we can make amends to each other... but for God, His grace keeps us in love and purity... we do not need to make amends!

R

rainacorn

Ive thought about making amends but the thought of actually knocking on someones door and talking about it could be troubling for me. Ive liked apogly letters, though i am not sure which is better in God's eyes. (if he prefers one over the other)
ooo I know this feeling.

When God pulls at you to make amends with somebody, it's best to just do it. If doing it in person is possible, then do it. Pray first that the Holy Spirit will guide the interaction. Let them know that God has pulled at your heart to make things right with them, confess what you did and then ask for forgiveness. It's an opportunity to witness.

E

eternally-gratefull

In Gods eyes, it is his will to ask a brother for forgiveness. But as for what it takes for God to forgive us himself so we can be saved. There is nothing we could ever do to make amends and earn his forgiveness.. That is why he sent his son.

R

rainacorn

Please don't listen to these people who are telling you to ignore God's call to make amends with people.

A

AnandaHya

by showing them love. Each person is different and love is expressed differently. sometimes people show love with words and letters, my family we do things for each other. like clean, cook a meal, spend time together. we don't talk so much, but my husband's family is into hugs and talking and card games and stuff.

So to make amends for past wrongs you love them and treat them as God shows you how. Remember God loves you and has forgiven you. What you do now is not to earn salvation or God's approval (you already have both) but to share God's love and light with others so they may too have a relationship with God. :)

or you could simply say thank you for being there and forgive me for hurting you.