America is not a Christian nation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

needmesomejesus

Members of The Oasis of Truth Church in Arizona had been meeting randomly for Bible study through out the week and just general fellowship in their own homes, alternating between different homes through out the week; harmless, right? Not according to the local officials in the town of Gilbert, Arizona who served them with notice that having a private Bible study (or other religious activity, apparently) has been banned in their town.

A group called Liberty Counsel is suing Florida’s Collier County Schools for banning Bibles from being distributed on its campuses even after allowing the practice for years. The organization World Changers has been distributing Bibles to students during off-school hours on the day closest to national Religious Freedom Day — held on January 16 — for some time. Yet now school district officials have declared that the Bible holds no “educational benefit” to students

Hotels in the United States ban Gideon Bibles
Each Bible placed in a hotel room has the potential to reach up to 2,300 people in its estimated six-year life span, and about 25 percent of travelers read the Bibles in their hotel rooms, according to The Gideons International, a group that has been placing Bibles in hotel rooms since 1908, reports Baptist But a growing number of hotels are opting not to allow the placement of Gideon Bibles, according to an article in Newsweek magazine.
But, alas, the word of God is nowhere to be found," the article begins.
Such hotels say society is evolving and a younger, hipper generation has no interest in the Bible. They also say they would have to cater to a variety of belief systems and could not single out Christianity

~

In fact, in the past few years several nations and states in the United States have passed laws that, in essence, make it a “hate crime” to preach what the Bible says about homosexuality. For instance, in 2003, Ake Green, a Swedish Pentecostal preacher delivered a sermon in which he stated that homosexuality is “abnormal, a horrible cancerous tumor in the body of society.” He went on to describe homosexuals as “perverts, whose sexual drive the Devil has used as his strongest weapon against God” (as quoted in Robinson, 2004). Because of these comments, he was arrested, charged with inciting hatred against homosexuals, and sentenced to serve 30 days in prison.

On April 29, 2004, Canada adopted a bill similar to the one established by Sweden, in which speech against homosexual behavior was added to the list of hate crimes (Robinson, 2004).

Sadly, the United States has begun to “follow suit” by adopting comparable legislation in certain states. On December 3, 2003, Pennsylvania Governor Mark Schwiker signed a bill that included homosexuality as a sanctioned lifestyle protected from “hate crimes” (crimes that could technically include preaching from the pulpit against the practice).

The Gertrude Stein Club (a non-profit, pro-homosexual group) labeled the bill as “the first piece of pro-gay legislation to become law in Pennsylvania.” In the same article, the club mentioned that 27 other states and the District of Columbia have laws that protect homosexuals against “hate crimes” (“[SIZE=-1]LGBT[/SIZE] Victory”). While preachers are assured that these bills were not passed to stifle their freedom of speech, the implications and technical reading of the bills provide for the prosecution of preachers who teach publicly God’s Word concerning the sin of homosexuality. The Swedish trial of Ake Green testifies to that.

etc etc
taking away Bibles from the hotel really isn't having an effect on our freedom of religion. Cause you can still bring your own Bible. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference with having freedom of your religion and when your religion crosses over someone else's freedom of religion.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
taking away Bibles from the hotel really isn't having an effect on our freedom of religion. Cause you can still bring your own Bible. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference with having freedom of your religion and when your religion crosses over someone else's freedom of religion.
its simply the CHANGES that are happening that i'm noting.
you're too young to know in our generation we said the Lord's Prayer in school.

N

needmesomejesus

its simply the CHANGES that are happening that i'm noting.
you're too young to know in our generation we said the Lord's Prayer in school.

Well, I'm glad you said the Lord's prayer :D good for yall lol:) I acutally like the fact that schools don't press Christianity or any religion cause its not the schools job to do so.

Feb 24, 2011
Well, I'm glad you said the Lord's prayer :D good for yall lol:) I acutally like the fact that schools don't press Christianity or any religion cause its not the schools job to do so.
I agree. I think taking prayer out of the school was a great idea. B/c you can still pray when you're not being instructed (breaks, lunch, etc) no one can ban that. But institutionalizing prayer seems oppressive and state sponsored, something that scares me a little bit.

E

eternally-gratefull

One more quote to think about.

“Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”
George Washington

Here is the scary part. Democracy comes from Rome. It was a democratic type government which England and the US copy. Rome fell because it split on two sides and could never agree. As the old saying goes "a nation which is divided can not stand"

The us if it is not careful is going to fall the way of rome. The left and right are so divided right nowl. if someone does not bring them together. we will fall. Just like Rome did.

Aug 12, 2010

Here is the scary part. Democracy comes from Rome. It was a democratic type government which England and the US copy. Rome fell because it split on two sides and could never agree. As the old saying goes "a nation which is divided can not stand"

The us if it is not careful is going to fall the way of rome. The left and right are so divided right nowl. if someone does not bring them together. we will fall. Just like Rome did.
Whos gonna bring your politics together?

Do you want Christians to do it?