America: Mystery Babylon Vs. Ancient Babylon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
These things in America do not make it Babylon. These people in America have been only imitating the true people of Babylon and I believe in good faith that God will put it in Trump's heart for him to take down all of these false idols and return this nation under God, indivisible. Praise God!

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
Thinking this morning, about how more and more people seem to be talking in circles, like its the modern day english is cell phone talk. Was thinking could this day and age be modern day Babylon, or Babble-on. came across this thread and it brought back what i was thinking this morning and Thought i would share.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
Sounds like an Islamist with an agenda to me!

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
J believe that the USA could be Mystery Babylon because it is the major world power at present. It fits the description geographically and commercially. It also has very close ties with Israel. These criteria fit in the case of the USA. There could be another world power on the horizon that matches the Biblical description but I dont believe more than one will be present to fulfill the role at the same time.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
J believe that the USA could be Mystery Babylon because it is the major world power at present. It fits the description geographically and commercially. It also has very close ties with Israel. These criteria fit in the case of the USA. There could be another world power on the horizon that matches the Biblical description but I dont believe more than one will be present to fulfill the role at the same time.
Tanakh,,,, I disagree. The mystery Babylon will be Babylon. It is still present, there are several groups of people who live there and it was partially rebuilt by SH. The Bible speaks of Babylon being destroyed like Sodom & Gomorrah. This prophecy has not been fulfilled yet..

Isaiah 13:19 (KJV)
"And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah."

I suspect,, nothing but conjecture
; that the UN (the place where the ten heads will run the world at that time) will relocate to Babylon especially if the current attitude in the Us about the UN does not change. They will probably have to find a place to go. The EU could move there but I do not think so simply because they already are setup in Brussels and have a tower of Babel of their own. Besides, the EU has 15-16 heads of states that I does not see changing.

Nov 19, 2016
People may not believe that America is the biggest influence to the world going in the direction of the beast kingdom,but it is obvious that they are,representing all religions which that is the Babylonian spirit,which they are known for human religion,and the kingdom of man,and shall mingle themselves with the seed of men,multiculturism,which America has immigration unlike any other nation,world trade center in America,and the official headquarters of the United Nations is in America,and they live quite great and well compared to the other nations on a nation wide level,and have worldliness galore,and a peace agenda in the world,which are all traits of the Babylonian spirit in Revelation where they caused the world to go along with them,which in other words the way America operates sets the pattern for how the world will operate,tolerating all religions and cultures,and showing in their own country that all people can get along despite their differences,which on the back of the dollar bill,out of many one.

This is not the old Babylon for this nation influences the whole world,and the Bible says in Daniel 7 that when the Medes and Persians took the kingdom from Babylon they shall never have physical dominion on earth,but their ways are still on earth,and not the Roman Empire from back at 70 A.D. for it covers the whole earth,which the Bible say the Roman Empire does not lose their dominion until God puts them down,which the ten horns will cover the whole earth,which they devour the whole earth,tread it down,and break it in pieces,but instead of Rome being the big influence,America is the big influence and still a part of the Roman Empire at the end time,and the fault still falls back to the Roman Empire,and Rome.

But if people do not want to believe it,God said he is going to gather all nations together to fight against Jerusalem and the Jews,and the whole earth shall be gathered together against her,so America is still a part of it for they cannot escape if God is gathering all nations together to go against Jerusalem and the Jews,but it is obvious the way America operates that they influence more greatly than any other nation in the Babylonian spirit,and working in the world.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Tanakh,,,, I disagree. The mystery Babylon will be Babylon. It is still present, there are several groups of people who live there and it was partially rebuilt by SH. The Bible speaks of Babylon being destroyed like Sodom & Gomorrah. This prophecy has not been fulfilled yet..

Isaiah 13:19 (KJV)
"And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah."

I suspect,, nothing but conjecture
; that the UN (the place where the ten heads will run the world at that time) will relocate to Babylon especially if the current attitude in the Us about the UN does not change. They will probably have to find a place to go. The EU could move there but I do not think so simply because they already are setup in Brussels and have a tower of Babel of their own. Besides, the EU has 15-16 heads of states that I does not see changing.
For anywhere to be Babylon the Great as described in Revelation it has to have access to the sea. The original Babylon doesnt have access. Merchants and those at sea witness its destruction. The goods mentioned need a port or river to carry them there. The Isaiah quote fits perfectly with Revelation where it says babylon will be destroyed by fire just like Sodom.

Dec 12, 2013
Again I will remind everyone to STUDY the DAUGHTER of BABYLON (the NATION) and HER CHIEF CITY (BABYLON where the kings of the earth meet )...SHE is called the LADY of the KINGDOMS and the HINDERMOST of the NATIONS with the NATIONAL symbols of a LADY, WOMAN and EAGLE, and is blended in with CLASSICAL BABYLON of OLD which was not burned with fire in a strike from the NORTH, from THENCE that comes UNDER the SHADOW of a CLOUD with the TEMPEST of a storm...it SHAKES the GROUND, is HEARD around the world, BURNS her cities with fire and KILLS all of HER YOUNG men of war in 0ne HOUR...the same men of WAR who remain in their STRONGHOLDS (bases) and forebear to fight......

80 characteristics found in 7 to 8 books and 12 to 14 chapters of the bible...starting with PSALM 137..................wake up...HER religion is WORSHIP GOD AS YOU PLEASE dia DEMOCRACY