American football?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tobby17

So here's the question, why is American football even called football?.. If i'm right, the ball is played with the hand, and when you get the ball you have to run for ur life, So you don't get swept out of your feet. Well, where does *foot*ball come into this?...

I'm just curious, by the way, i think both rugby and American football sux, and they're pretty boring.. Sorry Americans i'm just hating a bit on ur *football*

Dec 19, 2009
I love American football.

They sometimes punt or placekick the ball.

Aug 2, 2009
The word "football" didn't actually mean kicking a ball with one's foot. The original word was used in the 1400's (13th century) and it meant games with a ball which were played "on foot" as opposed to "on horseback".

Jul 24, 2010
Well there are feet involved too lol but mostly hands.

D

dmdave17

Before I was saved, I would have had a lot to say (Steeler fan here). But now my reaction is "who cares?". How does this further the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

God bless you.

Dec 19, 2009
So here's the question, why is American football even called football?.. If i'm right, the ball is played with the hand, and when you get the ball you have to run for ur life, So you don't get swept out of your feet. Well, where does *foot*ball come into this?...

I'm just curious, by the way, i think both rugby and American football sux, and they're pretty boring.. Sorry Americans i'm just hating a bit on ur *football*
The only sports that can compete with the excitement of American football are PGA golf and the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.

T

Tobby17

The only sports that can compete with the excitement of American football are PGA golf and the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
What?..lol... Joke of the year... hahahaha :D

jb

Feb 27, 2010
You obviously have not watched any of the sports played across the 'pond,' like rugby (union), soccer (which we call football), Gaelic football, hurling...

Go on, do yourself a favour and broaden your horizon! ;)

K

kayem77

Tobby, I know what you are saying! Since I was raised in Mexico football for me means ''soccer''! In my opinion, that's the real football :) (not hating!) but well I have to call it soccer here because everyone calls it like that...

Dec 19, 2009
I hope you are all watching the big (American) football games today. It doesn't get much better than this.

Dec 19, 2009
You obviously have not watched any of the sports played across the 'pond,' like rugby (union), soccer (which we call football), Gaelic football, hurling...

Go on, do yourself a favour and broaden your horizon! ;)
My horizons ARE broad. In addition to the sports I mentioned, I also watch a little baseball.