Amos 3:3, 7

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
We are like animals who need associations to be reproductive, toprogress, to protect, to learn, to eat. See nature, all around, and each familyis an example of this: A convenient association. Churches, similarly, are humanassociations, bonds created on some truths we cling to: Love, similarreligious background not based on nationalities, verifiable beliefs and samespiritual source with the morale of its parenthood. Read about history and you know how many traditions and creeds wereraised. Read stories and see how each is willing to invent his/her own. Isthere one Church? No! Each belongs to its beliefs, common interests and unitedto its temporal leadership. Are we united to one truth? We tried to do so, somesay we are one, and the truth is we are divided, because the God Ibelieved may be one divided in 3 persons or One who really has one Godheadseparated from Mary, the Mother of Jesus. (The important thing is how I amacting and, more than any of my opinions, it is what God thinksabout me). In Venezuela, too often, I have heard: “[FONT=&quot]Si Dios quiere y lavirgen[/FONT]” (If God wills, and the virgin wills).Did God married Marry to be His Queen? Are they both sharing a Kingdom thatway? Yesterday a dear friend told me I am radical. Few hours beforeanother told me the same, because sometimes I expect too much (giving little,by the way) but I have same problems like any and I´m not pretty different thanany reader. I wish you could read about Samuel, the prophet. He cut in pieces aman (Agag), stopped talking to a man he knew and, at prudent distance, heprayed and shed tears for that man he liked (1 Sam. 15:32-35). Samuel was knownby God since the beginning and learned from Him in his childhood, while servingthe temple. He heard God´s voice, more than once and he acknowledged God bypersonal experience, [FONT=&quot]notby sight or simple readings[/FONT], like us who boastourselves on being called Christians and we are far from being like Christ orany godly man on earth. Samuel gave Jews and Christian an example on what heconsidered obedience (1 Sam. 15:22) but Jesus nullified Himself much more thanany other man on this planet, He superseded all since God was with Him anddwelt in His human body. Some time ago God and Jesus arranged to create what wesee (Gen. 1:26-27) and somehow planned our redemption, but this is a processunfolded each century. I don´t know about you, but I had problems to believethe Bible and still have problems to apprehend it; but it serves me tounderstand spiritual things I cannot grasp or see with my human mind. Is thisthe only source God has used? I think it is not, He has spoken in several waysand I know believes and religions can be used to rule or control people and,perhaps, this is why there are many denominations and creeds (It is to God tospeak and clarify each men´s or women´s beliefs). No one would walk all the way long without talking or knowing theircompanion. If spiritually I was made to live eternally, I had better to seewhat the one who made me has to say. He would consider my misbehaving as mybehaving as well. He would consider some actions fit and those that do not. In a business I should know what I am to buy or sell. It doesn´tmatter who buys or sells, but the stuff we are paying for. I can sell anything,but those who want to buy it don´t like to lose anything, it be called time ormoney. Will you like to waste any part of your time? If you dislike waiting orwasting anything, how much more eternity worths? In a friendly relationship I always have the chance to leave. In abusiness, if I write a contract I do not always have such freedom to spliteasily, because I am obliged, same way when I formalized a protocol or anycontract like a marriage. If I was born here, in Venezuela, I need a passportand a visa to leave it somewhere else and life is such a business, I am obligedto achieve certain conditions to be relocated, promoted or be paid when doing ajob (it is like at the school or being hired for a job). Life is a business and see it lasts more than primary school. Infact it is a school and a business some are promoted, hired or fired.Would you like to be eternally fired, by the way? (I don´t!)God often speaks. He is not mute, He is not a human being to lie (like me) and His job is eternal (He is busy all the time, but He sees whatI cannot see). He gave us a gift we cannot deal without Him: Eternity.If we were not watched, if we weren´t warned, imagine this world and its mess:We were at war each week! Imagine how boring life would be at “eternal” wars. “[FONT=&quot]I hate you and youhate me[/FONT]”. And no one else knows why, but rageand fights... Imagine how I could kill and eternal enemy. Who can kill Satanand demons? I don´t want to be eternal. I just wanted to live my life and stopit when I wanted to stop, but it doesn´t function like that. It works the wayGod made it to function. I like bees and I feel compassion when I see themclose to death and more than once I have rushed the process because I don´tlike life ceasing, and here you see this contradictory answer or behavior: Weall like living and, the opposite, is like dying. Does the giver of life like the dying? DoesHe like life ceasing? Do you give a present to be eternally lost or consumed? Idon´t think this way. I have seen animals watching death. I have seen how they fight toprotect those they like or loved and I can say they are better than me. Won´tyou do the same? (But God does it). Amos 3:3 is a simple reason. God wants us to walk fine and shedlight on the best way. He is not mute, He is not deaf, and certainly He willnot do a thing without telling those He loves, those who care about Hislife business (Amos 3:7). Read the Bible and tell when He did a thing without giving awarning. He announced Jesus, He foretold these times, and will sent Jesus backto punish those He knows deserve eternal punishment (I could be one of them). Churches are saying “[FONT=&quot]if you are not like us you won´t be saved[/FONT]”. But God has said: “[FONT=&quot]If you are not like My Sonyou are not my children[/FONT]”. Is it quitedifferent? Of course it is! God wants me to walk with Him. Jesus is the way, but I don´t knowhow to fight against my humanity, my longs and thirsting desires. Will you mind paying attention to Jesus? Will you mind listening to God, instead of men traditions? I will not go to heaven. I don´t like flying the way our planes fly,so I don´t want human wings. Have you seen Jesus “flying” the moment He wastaken to heavens? ([FONT=&quot]Mark16:19; Luke 24:51; Acts 1:9, 11[/FONT]). Those leaders who believe they will fly, with their “holy” wings,mislead those who believe in them. Jesus, who knew God more than any, whohas more faith than no one else, was taken up to the place God preparedfor Him, Who am I to say another thing? It is not what I believe but what God believes about me. Itis not what I want, but what God wants to do (Matt. 6:10). See God gaveSaul a chance and, some time ago, He regretted having chosen one who disobeyedHim (1 Sam.15:11, 28) and see how God picked David up from nothing and, severaltimes, later on he did wrong and finally God had Jesus to rule over human kind. If I don´t read on God´s issues I will not guess what He wants. If Idon´t built a healthy relationship with Him (and those He has asked to follow HisSon) chances are that I get lost in loneliness. I hope He help me walk with those who belong to the right way. Iknow I came from darkness, but this (eternal loneliness) is darkerthan being alone or with the people we are not our own. Sometimes we find people we have liked to talk to, but it is betterto get those we would have liked to live, long time ago. We need to talk, tosee how we are, but God is not mute to tell us what we have to do: He neverasks you to do a thing the other person would dislike. If He wants you to drawnear, He will ask the same to others, to be approached: His bond is love,and it is a liking thing (not a disgusting thing). Do not let any, with strong voices or nominal leaderships, lie toyou. We do not need more leaders, but living believers to walk with; so Irather follow Jesus. He is the only source I see to be saved from myself.