An Introduction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NiteGem

Hi everyone!

I’m new…am I following the proper protocol just jumping in like this? I didn’t see any links specifically for new people to introduce themselves. So I am brazenly starting a thread. Please be gentle. : )

I’ve “lurked” at a few forums here for a while and thought I might fit in. My life at the moment is kind of isolated and I wanted to try to reach out to others. Since joining a week ago today, I’ve contributed a couple of comments where I thought I may have something worthwhile to offer.

I would very much like to fellowship with Christians with kind hearts. I’ve witnessed some rough behavior on some other threads and want nothing to do with it. Yesterday morning I logged into the chatroom and within minutes someone had sent me a private message…I was warned that the website he was trying to link me to (or whatever he was trying to do) had sexually explicit material and users had to be over 18. Has this happened to any other women here?

I told myself that maybe it was a good thing that happened to me instead of another woman who may not have been able to handle it as well as I could…then a while later I sort of freaked out a bit. : ) I’m not particularly naïve, I don’t think, but I was not expecting that kind of behavior. I was also disappointed because it was the first time I’d logged onto chat and the topic of conversation was one to which I would have felt comfortable contributing… and of course I ended up logging off.

I know that unfortunate incident does not represent this website or its members. Frankly I didn’t want to keep it to myself, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'd love to fellowship here and hope to make some friends! : )

Mar 26, 2009
I did the same thing with the lurking, although I can't help you with your problem, sorry.
Welcome to the site and I hope you have a wonderful stay

N

NiteGem

Thanks, Grimaldus :) I appreciate you taking the time to welcome me!

My experience in the chatroom is not exactly a problem for me anymore…it’s over.

However, I do think other women and girls at this site should be aware of it, especially since anyone can send a private message anytime to anyone who’s registered in the chatroom. Maybe this kind of thing just goes on behind the scenes or whatever, and I've spoken out of turn...in which case I apologize.

M

missy2shoes

yeaaa.....there will always be someone who tries to do that sort of thing unfortunately :(........I'm very protective of my young friends particularly early teens......and exposing the creeps is necessary to protect the innocent.....have ya told a mod?.....Merryheart, Still_waters, Trilogic......Robo.......let them know who it was that sent you that garbage k?.........

Welcome to CC btw.....there are heaps and heaps of genuinely lovely people here......hope ya feel at home real soon :D

L

Lauren

Welcome! I'm new to this forum also. I have noticed too that some of the topics get a bit heated (understatement), so I tend to stay away from those myself. :)

Did you contact a moderator about that pm? I think that kind of stuff happens in many forums unless they are heavily moderated, but I'm sure it was a bit jarring for you. Hope to see you around the forum!

~ Lauren

F

faith79

ditto, new, and welcome!

N

NiteGem

Missy, Lauren and Faith,

Thank you all for your kindness! Greatly appreciated. :)

Yes, I did contact a mod right away. Hopefully this particular individual won’t be bothering anyone else.

Lauren, that dog is adorable! What a sweetheart!

L

Lauren

Lauren, that dog is adorable! What a sweetheart!
Thanks! He's a 9 month old papillon, my little buddy. :) He's a four pound nut !! I just hope he gets over his chewing phase soon!

~ Lauren

R

Raeshelle

Welcome to CC!!! It is always nice to see new chatters.. I am so glad they you was wise enough to contact a mod about this.. They are here for our protection. I have a rule myself that I will not answer any Private chat messages from new chatters mostly men. unless I have talked to them a bit in the main chatroom first a few times.
I hope you continue to come back.. I have been coming here it will be 2 years on the 11th of this month.. I love it here. Yes there are times when things get heated that is normal when you have so many different people, but for the most part it is a great place..
God Bless and hope to see you around.

N

NiteGem

Welcome to CC!!! It is always nice to see new chatters.. I am so glad they you was wise enough to contact a mod about this.. They are here for our protection. I have a rule myself that I will not answer any Private chat messages from new chatters mostly men. unless I have talked to them a bit in the main chatroom first a few times.
I hope you continue to come back.. I have been coming here it will be 2 years on the 11th of this month.. I love it here. Yes there are times when things get heated that is normal when you have so many different people, but for the most part it is a great place..
God Bless and hope to see you around.

Thank you, Raeshelle!

Your chatroom suggestion is excellent, I will follow it myself. I had not answered when I received the disturbing message, which made it all the more disturbing...just something to keep in mind. Being an older (cough!) woman I've found that I am more comfortable with the forums than the chatroom, as most times it is filled with a younger crowd.

I've spent a lot of time here and many of the discussions have led me to my bible, and closer to God, which I greatly appreciate.

God bless you, too! :)

N

NiteGem

Thanks! He's a 9 month old papillon, my little buddy. :) He's a four pound nut !! I just hope he gets over his chewing phase soon!

~ Lauren

Awww...I love animals! Especially cute furry ones like yours. When I see his sweet face in the forums, it always makes me smile. :)

F

faith79

I agree, darling puppy. :)
I have not gone into any chatrooms here myself, but I appreciate being forewarned.
Blessings!

L

LynnJ

Hi everyone, and welcome to CC! I am in the Chat Room a lot and, while there may be problems with the occasional unwanted PM or a controversial convo once in a while, overall it is a good place to fellowship. I hope to see some of you there sometime soon! GBU!

N

nanabean

Hi NiteGem....Welcome to CC. Within the first week of coming into the chat room some three+ years ago, I also got pm-ed by a guy who tried to talk about things I'd rather not talk about....ahem. Anyways, now what I do is post out in the room "I'm sorry I do not take pm's with anyone I haven't chatted with out here in the main room first." If the person doesn't take the hint and keeps pming me, I will add their nick to the sentence, THAT usually does the trick! After that it would be to the mod I gooooo..hahha but I haven't had to do that since that first time. I don't get into the chat room much anymore.......but if you ever want to chat, let me know when and where!!! hahaha God Bless....

and....Lauren....guess what??? I have a Papillon toooooo!!! Mine is black when yours is red.....and Princess is now 5 years old and still yippy, happy, and full of energy!! Beautiful pet!!! God Bless........

L

Lauren

and....Lauren....guess what??? I have a Papillon toooooo!!! Mine is black when yours is red.....and Princess is now 5 years old and still yippy, happy, and full of energy!! Beautiful pet!!! God Bless........
How neat! I love their energy (springs in their feet...lol), but the chewing is unbelievable. Mugsy eats buttons off of any clothes that are on the floor, and he's working on removing the carpeting from my bedroom floor!

Glad he's provided some smiles to everyone though. :)

~ Lauren

D

Dragoon9

Hi NiteGem, and anyone else I haven't had a chance to say hi to ;)

I'm frustrated by 'rough behaviour' too... most especially if it's me being rough.

May God use this site to deepen our faith, love and trust in Him.

N

NiteGem

Thanks, Lynn! I’ve enjoyed your posts on other forums.

Nanabean, that is terrific advice, thank you!
I will look for both of you when I’m in the chatroom!

Hi, Dragoon! Thanks for taking the time to say hello :D

N

nanabean

NiteGem, I am glad to give any helpful advice I can, but..well....May you never have to USE it!!! hahaha!!

Lauren, YES springs in thier feet!!! We got Princess when she was just 10 weeks old, and never had a bit of trouble with the chewing!! Lucky I guess!! The carpeting?? really?? wooow!!! I will pray Mugsy stops that soon!!!! haaha I enjoy and love Princess so very much, we have had some scarey moments with her and are very blessed to even have her with us!!! I am sure Mugsy will give you many years of entertainment and love and joy......

L

luv4God

I'AM NEW ALSO, I'VE READ SOME THINGS, PRAYED A FEW PRAYERS AND CHATTED A LITTLE STILL TRYING TO FEEL MY WAY AROUND THIS AND ALSO LOOKING TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS TO BE.