Ano ang Tamang Gawin kapag..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Phebe

Jun 26, 2013
Ang mama mo eh nagpapa-prayer request na makasal ka na, when you don't even have a boyfriend and not even planning to have one (yet)?

Not to mention your mom keeps repeating the same notion to visitors (every time somebody visits any family member at home) that she wants you to be wed as soon as possible.
:confused:

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Lol. That's pretty normal. Your mom is just concerned for your well-being. I'm pretty sure every mother would be worried if her any of children wouldnt be married off. My mom is very open that she prays that all of us will eventually be married. I don't think it's really a big issue. :) haha. My family is also like that they keep on insisting that i should get a boyfriend by now because i'm no longer getting young. I just give them my biggest smile and go with the flow. Lol. It is very annoying at times but I know they meant well and worried about my future.

Phebe

Jun 26, 2013
Annoying it is! Though I understand that they only want what's best for us, however, pressuring us into marriage isn't doing us any good right? I mean, surely it isn't our fault if we haven't found the right person yet.

B

beloved3

Wow. I would REALLY feel old if Nanay ko ang nanay ninyo. Hahah Anyway my parents gave up "pressuring" me. They used to set me up on "ambush" dates several years back (ugh! Don't even ask how) but yes they are just concerned because they do not want their baby girls "alone". It's sometimes hard to explain we actually aren't alone :) in anycase they stopped when they realized I really enjoy singlehood. The perks are great - we get to travel anytime, buy whatever we want for ourselves or for anyone we wish to bless, have friends over anytime, party around the house.. Enjoy it while you can ladies. God has given you so much time to usefor Him. :) These are things you can't always do in a moment's notice when you have a husband and babies :) of course you will be able to do things we can't do as singles but that's the beauty of life-- there's always a season for everything. As for being annoyed, don't sweat it! Oh and Just DO NOT compromise with any man that's not His best for you.

B

beloved3

Oh and next time they ask kelan ka magkakaboyfriend/asawa:

if they ask in the morning say: maya maya na maaga pa..
if they ask at night say: bukas na at gabi na..

mapapagod din sila. Baka sila pa ang ma-"annoy" hehehe

Phebe

Jun 26, 2013

--i like that! thanks for your advice sis. I'll remember to do that the next time somebody throws another question about my status. :cool:

May 26, 2013

haha.. i also joke around about marriage and boyfriend too so that i wouldn't feel pressured and really try to enjoy whatever situation I'm in... i would always say to them, when they asked me where's my bf and who, i would say.. "naa ra diha ug wa sad ka kaila, unya ra paila ila ig minyo na" (andyan lang yan ug di mo rin kilala, maya ko na papakila kung magpapakasal na kami :p) or if i had a bf, when would be the wedding, i would answer.. "uu ugma na. adto ha. (oo bukas na, punta ka ha.)

Humor always has its way of getting out of some pretty "pressuring" issues you don't wanna get involved with.

JCluvsme

Jan 9, 2013
don't worry girls...mag-aasawa din tayo pag MAy TIME.. Har har!!!:rolleyes:

Phebe

Jun 26, 2013
don't worry girls...mag-aasawa din tayo pag MAy TIME.. Har har!!!:rolleyes:
--Oo nga, for now, let's spend our time enjoying our carefree life! Who cares about getting married when we're having just the best time of our lives? Cheers to being single! :D

F

fourleaf

Ang mama mo eh nagpapa-prayer request na makasal ka na, when you don't even have a boyfriend and not even planning to have one (yet)?

Not to mention your mom keeps repeating the same notion to visitors (every time somebody visits any family member at home) that she wants you to be wed as soon as possible.
:confused:
kabaliktaran naman yung sakin haha! ;) ayaw pa kasi ng nanay ko na mag-asawa ako dahil lahat na ng mga kapatid ko kasal na ako na lang ang hindi pa.. ayun. Pero advice ko sayo sis, learn to prioritize the most important in your life. Ako kasi wala pa sa isip ko yung pag-aasawa. Career muna.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pia

The best thing that you can do is wait for God's perfect time. I understand how it feels to be pressured by your mom but pressure is nothing when you finally find the answer from the Lord. He might be planning something for you. Keep praying, connect with him and he will reveal everything to you. God bless!

G

gennemer

ay.. naku.. si mama naman sakin hindi ganyan pero yung ptr. namin nagparinig na sa akin once.. hahaha pano kasi yung mga friends ko raw nakadalawa ng anak... hahah ako daw wala pa.. what should we do.. hahah? darating din tayo diyan ...

M

msbittersweet

ate , enjoy being single :)
marami po sa ngayon na hinihiling na sana , maging single uli sila .
we're blessed :)))
and continue in believing that he'll come soon , knocking at your door , ready to sweep you off your feet . ;)
remember this : " If you're still single , it is because God isn't ready to share you yet ."
mahal na mahal ka ni Daddy :)))

F

fellowsheep

I will recommend books from Elisabeth Eliot, to cite some,
Passion and Purity
Quest for Love