Another Man Lights Himself on Fire. This Time Outside a Trump Trial in NY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
A bit hard to actually get the text from that newsweek article, but here it is in PDF form..

the burn victim's manifesto

so, why did he do it?
essentially he believed that both parties, Trump included, are a sham, and that they are all in cahoots with each other and business giants to get rich by oppressing and brainwashing the general public into infighting and tribalism and fear.

which probably isn't too far off the mark honestly.

and he wanted to draw attention to his beliefs about government conspiracy, so he brought a bunch of copies of his manifesto to a place where he was sure to get media coverage and killed himself in an extremely visible and shocking way.
I agree for the most part. What I don’t understand is why a human being gets so inflicted by things they can’t control that they don’t find a reason to live.

Jan 17, 2023
I agree for the most part. What I don’t understand is why a human being gets so inflicted by things they can’t control that they don’t find a reason to live.

I was watching the moment it happened. Had Fox news on and the reporter said "fire" and pointed for the camera person to point the camera in that direction. I saw part of what I believe was the guy on fire. They pulled the camera away quickly and the reporter apologized. When they went back and asked him what happened you could tell he was shocked and teared up. He said the flames shot 20ft in the air. There was no way he could've lived through that. You'd have to be under demon power to be able to do that I think.

Apr 18, 2013
Unstable people react to the world in unstable ways.

1.) Some studies have shown more than 40% of Gen Z are struggling with mental health problems.
2.) Postmodern philosophy (which permeates the culture) is so irrational that it's actually self refuting... what does that do to a person's mind?
3.) Marxism (which runs like tap water through the universities) is inherently irrational, and relies on emotions and manipulation.

With this level of mental illness, and systemic irrationality, it's surprising that things aren't worse.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
A bit hard to actually get the text from that newsweek article, but here it is in PDF form..

the burn victim's manifesto

so, why did he do it?
essentially he believed that both parties, Trump included, are a sham, and that they are all in cahoots with each other and business giants to get rich by oppressing and brainwashing the general public into infighting and tribalism and fear.

and he wanted to draw attention to his beliefs about government conspiracy, so he brought a bunch of copies of his manifesto to a place where he was sure to get media coverage and killed himself in an extremely visible and shocking way.

"which probably isn't too far off the mark honestly."

Agree, he had some insight and I read a few of his other papers on Sub stack, he was writing about various economic and political problems and perhaps he felt powerless to have any real impact or bring about change ... it seemed like he was pretty consumed by it.

I do agree he picked a very shocking way to bring attention, and he may not have had anyone in his life to keep him grounded because the stuff he wrote about could be all consuming if one lets it.

Sadly, his "attention seeking" self-immolation will have little to no impact on the issues he wrote about.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
by and large catholicism hasn't been able to exploit actual Christians since the reformation, and i don't have any reason to believe president Biden is lying about being catholic.
it would appear you are not inclined to think there may be actual Christians within Catholicism

I never said Biden is lying. However now that you mention it, since he is a liar and always has been, an adulterer, a thief and many other things frowned upon by the Pope, (not to mention actual scripture) and since many people use religion as a shield, and since the majority of Catholics found themselves within that system at birth, what value is it of a President to contort what he states he is, in order to attempt to gain as many votes as possible from all sides?

He has allowed the breaking of law in this country, the entry of millions of people who are here illegally at the expense of actual tax payers....born in this country and not, turned a blind eye to Americans raped, murdered, attacked, car-jacked, and various other unfortunate acts by these same people.

Then he insulted all of us by saying Americans commit crimes also. Such a dear man.

The entire country is being exploited by Biden et al (BTW, I don't believe he is actually running the show but that's another topic)

Christianity, as an aside, exploits Christians all the time. I don't think that is what God had in mind.

Feb 17, 2023
Another Tragic Protest Suicide

I posted another news story several weeks ago about a man who killed himself outside of the Israeli embassy protesting the Gaza War. This time a similar fate occured in NYNY outside of the Trump Trial. CNN immediately falsely called it an active shooter.
Reportedly, he left a note of why he chose to inflict this awful exit to eternity. More in the link above to Infowars.

Two most unusual deaths in one month...why?
What was he trying to accomplish?

No matter what, they're both regretting killing themselves now....

🍤