Another Prophecy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
God wants to bless those who are willing to seek Him. To study His Word and to be baptized in His Spirit. Ask God to bless you with the baptism of the Holy Spirit. God said He was a good Father who would give the baptism of the Holy Spirit to those who asked. God bless those who keep this Scripture sacride. To the saints who believe in the power of the Holy Spirit for today's Church. God bless you. Those who are in the Spirit salute you. Peace be unto you all. Mercy from God the Father and Lord Jesus Christ be upon you. Grace be to those who are of the house of faith, who love to seek the anointing of the Holy One. God speed to those who are laboring for our Lord. Be of good courage, God will never leave nor forsake you, unto the end of the World. Amen

Feb 16, 2011
Please don't post if you disagree. I really got that on the last post with a prophecy. I understand some people don't believe in prophecy.

M

MaggieMye

Sorry Johathan, but that is not a prophecy it is simply PREACHING. PROPHECY is hearing from God outside of, yet in line with, His written word and then speaking that mandate, encouragement or directive to a person or group. Prophecy is to be encouraging, directive, corrective and always done in a way that edifies those that hear.

Maggie

Feb 16, 2011
I Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

To be honest I have to go with the Apostle Paul on this one. You really shouldn't teach MM. I already know what a prophecy is and I think it was encouraging. Scripture is Scripture. God bless you and keep you and may his angels shine upon you.

L

Laodicea

I Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

To be honest I have to go with the Apostle Paul on this one. You really shouldn't teach MM. I already know what a prophecy is and I think it was encouraging. Scripture is Scripture. God bless you and keep you and may his angels shine upon you.
Acts 2:18
(18) And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Galatians 3:28
(28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Feb 16, 2011
Laodecia, I don't believe she prophesied and I don't think that the verse in Galatians is saying that the women and men no longer have a gender. The verses conserning men and women are from God and are not canceled by the fact that we are one who are baptized into Christ. When the Bible says men or when the Bible says women I believe that we can figure out who God is talking to. God bless. Shalom.

L

Laodicea

Laodecia, I don't believe she prophesied and I don't think that the verse in Galatians is saying that the women and men no longer have a gender. The verses conserning men and women are from God and are not canceled by the fact that we are one who are baptized into Christ. When the Bible says men or when the Bible says women I believe that we can figure out who God is talking to. God bless. Shalom.
No she did not prophecy but the text shows that women can teach and preach. Also I do believe in prophecy and the gift of prophecy, the Bible teaches that the gifts of God continue and the Holy Spirit will be poured out under the latter rain.

But what I am saying is that all who claim to be prophets must be tested by the Bible from the church. Look at some of the things that so called prophets have done in the name of God If people were to read their Bible they would not be deceived.

1 John 4:1
(1) Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Have you at least tested yourself? The last thing you want is to be deceived. Do not trust what you think or feel but, trust the word of God.

2 Corinthians 11:14
(14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Proverbs 24:6
(6) For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

K

kayem77

Sorry Johathan, but that is not a prophecy it is simply PREACHING. PROPHECY is hearing from God outside of, yet in line with, His written word and then speaking that mandate, encouragement or directive to a person or group. Prophecy is to be encouraging, directive, corrective and always done in a way that edifies those that hear.

Maggie
I'm sorry Jonathan but I agree. There's a difference between prophecy ( speaking for God) and a revelation or a prayer. This seems more like a prayer or maybe a revelation. Prophecies are not so common, I don't even know if prophets still exist. While I know God can still use someone to prophetize, he already completed his message in His Word, the Bible. We have to test any prophet by their fruits.

You can't pick verses of the Bible out of context and use them for your personal interest. You have to learn the context. In those times women didn't have education and it was talking about church authorities. If we literally apply that, then mothers couldn't teach their sons about Scripture. Or I couldn't talk about Jesus to my men unbeliever friends.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
[SIZE=+2]Spiritual Authority: The Word and the Testimony[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]by A.W. Tozer, 1950[/SIZE]

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies ... 2 Pet. 2:1

Whatever it may be in our Christian experience that originates outside of Scriptures should, for that very reason, be suspect until it can be shown to be in accord with them.

If it should be found to be contrary to the Word of revealed truth no true Christian will accept it as being from God. However high the emotional content, no experience can be proved to be genuine unless we can find chapter and verse authority for it in Scriptures. "To the word and to the testimony" must always be the last and final proof.

Whatever is new or singular should also be viewed with caution until it can furnish scriptural proof of its validity. Thoughout the twentieth century quite a number of unscriptural notions have gained acceptance among Christians by claiming that they were among truths that were to be revealed in the last days.

The truth is that the Bible does not teach that there will be new light and advanced spiritual experiences in the latter days; it teaches the exact opposite! Nothing in Daniel or the New Testament epistles can be tortured into advocating the idea that we of the end of the Christian era shall enjoy light that was not known at its beginning.

Beware of any man who claims to be wiser than the apostles or holier than the martyrs of the Early Church. The best way to deal with him is to rise and leave his presence!

Feb 16, 2011
Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour our of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
I don't know how people preach that this has stopped happening. I think they lack proof in the Scripture. Why do they consider the works of the Holy Spirit something that was so wonderful as to start the Church in the New Testament yet at the same time they say it is done away with for not being "that which is perfect" 1Corinthians 13:10. I believe that the Holy Spirits work is part of "that which is perfect" not the part done away with. In fact if you read it correctly we should be understand and prophesying with more understanding because we have the Bible and the Church. I think people who don't believe in Baptism in the Holy Spirit for today are getting things backwards. If it was strong enough to start the Church as they claim and important enough to be the beggining of the New Testament. We can not throw out the works that started the Church. How can you say it is what founded the Church and then say it was something that was weak and needed to be done away with? My question to you.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour our of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
I don't know how people preach that this has stopped happening. I think they lack proof in the Scripture. Why do they consider the works of the Holy Spirit something that was so wonderful as to start the Church in the New Testament yet at the same time they say it is done away with for not being "that which is perfect" 1Corinthians 13:10. I believe that the Holy Spirits work is part of "that which is perfect" not the part done away with. In fact if you read it correctly we should be understand and prophesying with more understanding because we have the Bible and the Church. I think people who don't believe in Baptism in the Holy Spirit for today are getting things backwards. If it was strong enough to start the Church as they claim and important enough to be the beggining of the New Testament. We can not throw out the works that started the Church. How can you say it is what founded the Church and then say it was something that was weak and needed to be done away with? My question to you.
hi jonathan:)
first let's see what i have said, and what i have not said:

i've never said what happened at Pentecost was weak and needed to be done away with. not one time have i said that, nor believed it.

it happened exactly as it is written, and the Power from On High fell upon the disciples exactly as Jesus said it would.

what does the Bible say, and what does it not say:

this is telling us exactly what happened at Pentecost nearly 2000 years ago.
it happened exactly like that.

what peter is saying in Acts, at Pentecost, was "hey you guys! these people here that are miraculously speaking in the languages of the surrounding nations that you came from aren't drunk! what you're seeing here is what our ancient prophet JOEL said was going to happen when JOEL said:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour our of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Joel said that long long before, and Peter said, YOU GUYS! THIS IS WHAT JOEL SAID WOULD HAPPEN! God is taking the Light of the World to all the nations...by the Power of the Holy Spirit through the preaching of the Good News.

what it means by LAST DAYS is always the last Days from the First Coming of Jesus to the Second.
Pentecost happened during the period called the LAST DAYS, and Joel says other things that will happen in THE LAST DAYS >> the end will come and we'll see the cosmic signs.

what it means by ALL FLESH isn't 7 billion people during the eschaton (final things)...it means on A REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL FLESH - all the nations represented that Day of Pentecost present at Jerusalem. representatives of what was called - the world.

what it does not say, is that in 2011 or 1950 or any other time after Pentecost will that same event occur. it already happened.

anyways, that's my reading of it,
Jesus bless you.
zone.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2011
I think interpreting "all flesh" to only be the day of Pentecost is false. You must remember that the people speaking in tounges on the day of Pentecost were all Jews! And other people heard their language. The Spirit did not fall on all those people as all nations. The Spirit fell on the Jews in the upper room. So the verse is not complete at Pentecost. Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
No where does it say that this verse is not for modern day believers.