Anti-psychotic drugs and pregnancy

• Thread starter sabbath_breaker
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sabbath_breaker

i have a friend who's experiencing a mental disorder, and she's taking a drug - Leponex and injectable medicine which is Modezine (both are anti-psychotic drugs). with the use of the drugs and injection, she can function normally well, and have a deep and enough sleep,but without the drugs and injection, she can't sleep and some symptoms of the disorder appear like anxiety, etc.

she said, after 13 yrs. of experiencing such disorder and after 13 yrs. of going through the medication,she feel well right now and wanted to stop the medicine. Her family said,"She feels well maybe because she's taking her medicine".My friend said, she wanted to stop taking the medicine because she wanted to have a family and have babies.

the problem is - with the antipsychotic drugs and injection, her pregnancy might be at risk. Another problem is - when she stop taking the drugs and the injection, her disorder and its symptoms might appear again and affect her normal functioning.

i just want to ask some advice from you here at cc. thank you very much.

K

kenisyes

The doctors ae supposed to know these things. It is so sad they do not seem to. I have seen God do it both ways. The opinion you need is His, not ours or the doctors'.

Oct 31, 2011
It seems to me that there are too many things to know for any but professionals to help with reasoning through to the best decision, but that knowledge should include knowledge of how to help the brain heal and especially knowledge of the principles of God and how that relates to brain health.

I have a dear friend who is bipolar. That means that her brain does not produce a chemical that it must have to function properly. Without medication she has a reaction, much as a diabetic would have a reaction if they didn't take medication.

However, one day when she hadn't taken medication for awhile, I sat her down with calming prayer, using a prayer shawl to help her focus on God's care of her. Her reaction was the same as if medication suddenly worked miracles.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Considering what those drugs are intended to treat, there is no way she can go off her meds or have children. If she goes off her meds her disorder will come back, and it's possible it will be worse.

Adoption or in vitro are the best options for her.

May 15, 2013
i have a friend who's experiencing a mental disorder, and she's taking a drug - Leponex and injectable medicine which is Modezine (both are anti-psychotic drugs). with the use of the drugs and injection, she can function normally well, and have a deep and enough sleep,but without the drugs and injection, she can't sleep and some symptoms of the disorder appear like anxiety, etc.

she said, after 13 yrs. of experiencing such disorder and after 13 yrs. of going through the medication,she feel well right now and wanted to stop the medicine. Her family said,"She feels well maybe because she's taking her medicine".My friend said, she wanted to stop taking the medicine because she wanted to have a family and have babies.

the problem is - with the antipsychotic drugs and injection, her pregnancy might be at risk. Another problem is - when she stop taking the drugs and the injection, her disorder and its symptoms might appear again and affect her normal functioning.

i just want to ask some advice from you here at cc. thank you very much.
Get some pure Sage from middle easterner store and make it into as a tea and there is a natural herb drink product which I'm not recommending, but it is called Sippin syrup that they sell in corner stores.

download.jpg

H

hospitalpharmacist

Don't know which disease your friend suffer of ;it would be useful to know it. However I don't recommend her to stop her meds because antipsycotic are one of the type of meds you need to take everyday to feel well. As it's difficult to reply to you specifically, I advice your friend to go to doctor for a better answer.