Any Families out there who are not completely Christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChefMel

I certainly know that there are many families who are divided on the topic of faith. Mine certainly is.

Does anyone else share my pain of being in a one-sided Christian marriage?

L

lexfreedom

I'm not married but i do know a little something about families that believe different things. I'm saved, so is my father who doesn't live with me. My mother , who does, isn't. the rest of my family is catholic and my grandma is seventh-day-advantist. we all believe in God and there is continued peace in my family as long as we don't discuss it any farther than that. However, in my personal experience its hard to live with someone who is the complete opposite of what you believe in being. my mother is my best friend and supports me in my faith completely but she will not change. at least not for or because of me. I can't speak the word out loud to her, pray in front of her, or play too many gospel songs. she does let me read the bible to her occasionally and her fiance is working her more and more into the church. Its hard because you want to see family come with you on the day of the Lord but at the same time they can't be forced. I continually pray for the salvation of my mother and others I care about as well. What else can i do?

A

AlbertaGirl

I can relate I am in a marriage where my husband is not saved and it has become difficult , but I just keep praying and leaning on my church friends for Guidance , and I also believe that if I am obident and faithful to my Marriage that God will reward me for my struggles. God will not move with out our prayers, so keep praying and being a christian example , God will eventually get to them too

S

sandycos84

There are so many out there professing to be Christians but their lifestyles speak other wise;this is why it is not hard to see why non-believers can become confused. There are so many different religions and even within the "Christian world" there are many different views of what is right and what is wrong. If you are truly seeking an honest relationship with God but don't know what type of church to attend or who to trust is telling the truth; first things first never let anyone tell you "It doesn't matter what church you attend as long as you go" because it does matter, because there are many false doctrines in the world. You must seek for the right church as you would search for a husband or wife and just like God will reveal that right one for marriage he too will reveal that Church that is right for you; There is a church that is perfect for you and this church is perfect for all. Seek the spirit of God with all your heart and he will lead you to The Church of God.

May 21, 2009
The mess is going on everywhere. Keep praying and speaking for God.

L

leelee25

I am a testimony for you. My husband was saved for three years and I wasnt. I put him through it all. I didnt see it then. After the third year i left and divorced him after 2 months.I failed to mention we had been together 5 years prior to this. I stayed gone partying and clubbing and living the high life(or so I thought) for almost a year. But through it all he stayed true to god and never stopped praying for me. I am now saved and we have been back together for 2 years. We both serve god together and God has put a love in our relationship like never before. So to encourge you Just keep standing for god and praying and he will make a way in his own time. Dont loose faith. God bless you