Any help or advice appreciated

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
That is the tough one. When bad things befall a person who in all appearances are good. Trying to explain to them that sin has brought all manner of death and destruction into the world and we reap it is always a hard one.
Paul prayed three times for his thorn from Satan to be taken away before God showed him the reason it would stay in place.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hello Demi777,

You definitely possess the "spiritual gift of helping" and it sounds like you might have the heart of a missionary. Have you ever been on any missionary trips?

1 Corinthians 12:28 New International Version (NIV)
28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.

Even in the scriptures, bad things happen to the saved and unsaved - it hasn't changed. However, the good news as a believer is that we don't have to go through the bad all alone. God is with us and He promises to turn all the bad into good - either in this world or the new world to come. Abraham died believing the promises of God.

It's our flesh that gets mad at God because life didn't happen the way we wanted it to, which just keeps us separated from God. Eventually, our inner spirit man grabs a hold of God and we pull out of it, get back on track with God.

In the Psalms, David's soul was downcast and he chose to put his hope in God and yet praise Him.

God bless you, protect you and keep you Demi777, always. :love:(y)
Thanks for the post. I havent been on mission trips. Have to take care of my mom and stuff so havent had the courage to leave for a longer time

Dec 1, 2018
For a while now Ive been ministering in lve to homeless people in the major cities around my area.
Well now a new challenge came around where the homeless closest to me have been struck down in depression and hurt due to circumstances that have come back up.
Even one man who has been a dry alcoholic for maaaaaaaaaaany years is falling back and isolating himself.
Thats just one of many people struck. Another had his wife and child murdered many years ago and hasnt been able to come anywhere.
I will have to start going to their housings and uplift them more but there has been questions coming up like "oh so if theres a God why did he take my wife and Child" and things like that.
Please pray for guidance, hope and wisdom for all parties in this. Bible verses on how Jesus dealt with the broken are very appreciated.
Thanks
It's very difficult for people of faith who encountered horrific tragedies to come to terms on why this happened and yes they will get angry at God and ask him, "why them?" it's human nature to blame and get angry at someone and most would direct theirs at God. That is part of the stages of grief.
One thing I learned over the years when dealing with grief stricken families is you don't fight fire with fire.
Let them vent their frustrations and anger at everything and just be there to listen and be a shoulder for them to cry on. Once they have calmed down that's when you talk to them and establish rapport. Never say you understand what they're going through unless you've had the same tragedy as them, you will never understand.
I know someone who's sister and mom were gang raped when their house was invaded by robbers. it was the wrong house. Their target was supposed to be the house next to them. Her father and brother were beaten and tied up and her sister and her mom were gang raped by several men while their family watched, helpless. My friend was 12 at that time so they just knocked her out and tied her with the rest. Nothing was the same after that. They were a very faithful and wonderful family. They stopped going to church after that. Her sister suffered horrible injuries and she was on a trance like state for weeks, not speaking and just staring into space. To add to the grief her brother died by a freak accident months after that.
When we learned what happened we cried. We were sad and angry as to why them?? they were good people!
Our brothers and sisters in Christ never stopped going to their house just to see how they're doing and just talk to them about mundane stuff and help them a little even when they are met by the angry and grieving father every time. It took a long time but the mom finally went back, then my friend and her sister after years of healing and therapy. Her dad is slowly coming back.
I was in a singing group missionary in college and we would share the gospel through singing. We would hike mountains just to visit a house to evangelize on top of a hill. It was a rewarding experience. There were times when we had to grieve with some brothers and sisters over a tragedy and some verses that always stuck to me about grief and tragedy are:
Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
Lamentations 3:31-33
For the Lord will not cast off forever, but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men.

--Bad things happen to good people; that's just the way it is in this evil world; but faith is how we cope.

7seasrekeyed

For a while now Ive been ministering in lve to homeless people in the major cities around my area.
Well now a new challenge came around where the homeless closest to me have been struck down in depression and hurt due to circumstances that have come back up.
Even one man who has been a dry alcoholic for maaaaaaaaaaany years is falling back and isolating himself.
Thats just one of many people struck. Another had his wife and child murdered many years ago and hasnt been able to come anywhere.
I will have to start going to their housings and uplift them more but there has been questions coming up like "oh so if theres a God why did he take my wife and Child" and things like that.
Please pray for guidance, hope and wisdom for all parties in this. Bible verses on how Jesus dealt with the broken are very appreciated.
Thanks

big hugs and I will keep you in prayer, that God would bless and keep you, guide you and that these people would know God's love

the only thing I can think to do, would be to pray with them and for them but you are probably already doing so

our God is merciful. I pray His mercy flows through you and touches these lives who need Him so badly

I can hardly find words really. this really touches my heart and is the reality of Christ's love. :cry:

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
big hugs and I will keep you in prayer, that God would bless and keep you, guide you and that these people would know God's love

the only thing I can think to do, would be to pray with them and for them but you are probably already doing so

our God is merciful. I pray His mercy flows through you and touches these lives who need Him so badly

I can hardly find words really. this really touches my heart and is the reality of Christ's love. :cry:
I am not at the point of praying with them but I definitely pray for them. But their eyes light up when they see me.
Someone from a TV station came and I was there and they called me a part of them.
THAT was touching. I see fruits coming. I give them the love and ear many people never had before. Its draining sometimes but from many things I have done its the most rewarding

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
It's very difficult for people of faith who encountered horrific tragedies to come to terms on why this happened and yes they will get angry at God and ask him, "why them?" it's human nature to blame and get angry at someone and most would direct theirs at God. That is part of the stages of grief.
One thing I learned over the years when dealing with grief stricken families is you don't fight fire with fire.
Let them vent their frustrations and anger at everything and just be there to listen and be a shoulder for them to cry on. Once they have calmed down that's when you talk to them and establish rapport. Never say you understand what they're going through unless you've had the same tragedy as them, you will never understand.
Very sound advise, to lend a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes we need to shut our mouths and just listen. I had a close uncle and his wife I witnessed the Lord to. I used to live with them for a short while. They received my witness about God's grace and power.

A couple years later I had to go to his wife's funeral. It seems they quit drinking and smoking and started going to church. To my uncle's dismay, his wife soon developed a rapid spreading cancer and was soon taken. While at his house he was telling me what all happened and how they couldn't understand why. I wanted to say something, but what? Then the HS whispered in my ear: just listen. Nothing I said would have made any difference. I have so many "why" questions about many things, but I doubt I will get any answers while in this flesh. The I just sing this chorus:

Farther along, we'll know all about it.
Farther along, we'll understand why.
Cheer up my brother, live in the sunshine.
We'll understand it, all by and by. :cool: