Any ideas??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chezz

So I want to lose some weight..About 15 pounds because I feel like I have gained a lot in the past year...Now I know a lot of it.. is probably muscle because I play softball and basketball..But I still feel like I need to lose some..So does anyone know of a healthy diet I could go on for this to work and for me to feel better about myself...?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Fruits, vegetables, no red meats, glass of wine every day or two, regular exercise...you know, the old boring standbys :)

Do you know that with decent exercise you may gain weight as you lose size, the muscle being heavier than the fat it replaces?

So go have an apple, then drop and give me 50 to pay for it!

S

Spokenpassage

I know some advice, but it is not related to food. Might be an odd one.

How about you walk instead of riding/driving a car? Go to the grocery store and buy what you need, and walk it home. Want to go downtown, go walk dowtown. Visit a friend, go walk to their house. Make it your transportation.

Or you can replace walk with bicycle with what I mentioned and more! :)

S

Shineyday

Drink a lot of water to get rid of toxins, don't eat after 8pm,avoid sugar&sweeteners, and wheat breads. Eat veggies, don't eat GMO,exercise daily, laugh :).

S

SpartanD39

As has been mentioned, walking every day burns some good calories. Eating fruits, veggies and the like is also a good way to start. Not sure if it's true, but I've heard that celery takes more calories to digest than you get out of it because of the fiber content, so if you like celery give that a shot as a snack substitute.

Some people may not agree with me, but what's always worked for me is calorie restriction. Reduce your caloric intake to 1700 calories a day or so (adjust it higher up though since you're pretty active it seems) and keep up on strength training and activities so you don't start burning muscle tissue for energy. I hear a lot about various diets (Atkins, Paleo and the like) but simply put fat is added to your body primarily by taking in more calories than you put out, those excess calories are then stored as fat.

If you are so inclined, the Bodybuilding forums have a bunch of great articles on weight loss while still maintaining muscle and toning said muscle. Some things may not be applicable to you, like, "cutting," since I assume you're not trying to get a six-pack and well defined bi/triceps for a competition.

Hope it helps some.

C

cgirl

Skip dinner.
SInce you already exercise, that's the only thing I think you could do to lose weight

S

StoneThrower

So I want to lose some weight..About 15 pounds because I feel like I have gained a lot in the past year...Now I know a lot of it.. is probably muscle because I play softball and basketball..But I still feel like I need to lose some..So does anyone know of a healthy diet I could go on for this to work and for me to feel better about myself...?
I did a liver detoxic cut out breads and refined sugars, added more fruits and veggies, added 15 minutes of weight lifting every night, and do a 1000 mg of lysine before going to bed. I also added viatmin D3 5000 every day as I was always low on it which seemed to help me sleep deeper. I went from a 40" waist to a 37 in about 3 weeks and from 200lbs down to 179

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Fruits, vegetables, no red meats, glass of wine every day or two, regular exercise...you know, the old boring standbys :)

Do you know that with decent exercise you may gain weight as you lose size, the muscle being heavier than the fat it replaces?

So go have an apple, then drop and give me 50 to pay for it!
She's only 18!! LOL. Dont go tellin her to drink wine every other day!! :rolleyes:

Chezz, I agree with most of the suggestions people have posted here. Good luck. :)

Oct 31, 2011
The Maker's Diet Revolution by Jordan Rubin sounds interesting. It is primarily a fast to grow closer to God and is only for ten days, but it also takes weight off. He calls it a Daniel Diet and recommends reading about Daniel when he was asked to eat rich fools in the first chapters of Daniel.

Get up early enough to drink 8 glasses of water by 12:30, spacing them by two glasses at a time.
At 12:30 have some fruit and fats. Fats should come from Avocado, coconut, nuts, or seed, preferable soaked first.
At 3:30 have veggies and some fat from the above source. No processed dressing, but it suggests a sort of guacamole made of avocado, onions, lemon juice, tomatoes in a blender.
At 6:30 repeat the raw fruit with healthy fat listed above.
You are to have four more glasses of water between meals in the afternoon.

Just as Daniel did, you are to set aside time devoted just to prayer. I use a prayer shawl to shut out the world around me and just listen to the Lord. Daniel prayed at 9:00 AM, noon, and 3:00. Evening prayer is at 6:00. Studying these times that seem to be actual times that God grows close is in interesting bible study. Even the crucifixion of Jesus follows these times.

C

Chezz

I have been working out everyday and watching what I eat.. Thank you all for the help! God Bless :)

C

Cairparavel

all those tips are good, except maybe the wine part...lol. I also would like to suggest no snacking whatsoever. Just 3 healthy meals and last meal not too late at night..like by 6 pm or so. When you go long time between meals your leptin (fullness hormone) sensitivity will increase and your ghrelin (hunger hormone) will decrease. Also, blood sugar becomes much more stable and not a roller coaster ride, but reducing high carb foods definititely helps too. It takes some getting used to, but after awhile your body will also know exactly when to stop eating too and will feel fuller a lot faster. Your body will naturally understand portion control better somehow. It's amazing!

Oct 31, 2011
The Maker's Diet Revolution by Jordan Rubin sounds interesting. It is primarily a fast to grow closer to God and is only for ten days, but it also takes weight off. He calls it a Daniel Diet and recommends reading about Daniel when he was asked to eat rich fools in the first chapters of Daniel.

Get up early enough to drink 8 glasses of water by 12:30, spacing them by two glasses at a time.
At 12:30 have some fruit and fats. Fats should come from Avocado, coconut, nuts, or seed, preferable soaked first.
At 3:30 have veggies and some fat from the above source. No processed dressing, but it suggests a sort of guacamole made of avocado, onions, lemon juice, tomatoes in a blender.
At 6:30 repeat the raw fruit with healthy fat listed above.
You are to have four more glasses of water between meals in the afternoon.

Just as Daniel did, you are to set aside time devoted just to prayer. I use a prayer shawl to shut out the world around me and just listen to the Lord. Daniel prayed at 9:00 AM, noon, and 3:00. Evening prayer is at 6:00. Studying these times that seem to be actual times that God grows close is in interesting bible study. Even the crucifixion of Jesus follows these times.
I have lost ten and a half pounds in five days, and never felt hungry!!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
She's only 18!! LOL. Dont go tellin her to drink wine every other day!! :rolleyes:

Chezz, I agree with most of the suggestions people have posted here. Good luck. :)
LOL! Missed that little detail too. Gotta stop rushing thru here!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Official Partner of the LIVESTRONG Foundation

[h=1]Benefits of Milk Thistle for Weight Loss[/h]Last Updated: Oct 21, 2013 | By Kay Uzoma
By enhancing detoxification, milk thistle may enhance weight loss. Photo Credit Creatas/Creatas/Getty Images
Milk thistle has been used medicinally for about 2,000 years. It reportedly contains potent antioxidants that help to detoxify and repair the liver. According to Brenda Watson, author of "The Detox Strategy," enhancing your body's natural detoxification abilities helps to promote weight loss. However, you should seek medical advice before taking milk thistle, particularly if you have a medical condition.
[h=2]Detoxification and Weight Loss[/h]Your body is constantly under assault from toxins -- from the air you breathe, foods you consume or illness. When your body cannot properly remove toxins, they build up and disrupt metabolic functions including digestion and metabolism. For instance, toxins can reduce your body's fat-burning ability by up to 20 percent, notes Watson. By boosting toxin removal through detoxification and herbs such as milk thistle, you may help to restore metabolism and increase fat loss.
[h=2]Active Ingredients in Milk Thistle[/h]The three active ingredients in milk thistle are antioxidant flavonoids known collectively as silymarin. They protect the liver -- the chief detoxification organ in your body -- in several ways. They prevent free radicals from damaging liver cells, inhibit toxins from entering liver cells and also enable liver cells to regenerate more speedily. By keeping the liver healthy, milk thistle boosts its detoxification abilities, which in turn may enhance weight loss.
[h=3]You Might Also Like[/h]
The Health Benefits of…

What Are the Symptoms of…

Drinking Hot Water &…

What Are the Health…

Core Strength Training…

How to Cook Kabobs in a…

How Drinking Coffee…

How to Lose Leg Fat in…

Causes of Pain in the…

Effect of Milk Thistle…

Homemade Detox for…

Does Milk Thistle Help…

How to Detox the Liver…

How to Take Milk Thistle…

Turmeric vs. Milk Thistle

Can Milk Thistle Cause…

[h=2]Milk Thistle and Blood Glucose Control[/h]Silymarin can also help to lower fasting blood glucose levels, according to a study published in the journal "Phytotherapy Research" in 2006. By decreasing blood glucose levels, silymarin may also keep insulin levels more stable. High levels of insulin can encourage fat storage in your body. The flavonoid also helped to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which are often elevated in people who are overweight or obese. High levels of these blood fats can also increase your risk of heart disease.

[h=2]Dosage[/h]Choose milk thistle supplements that contain a standardized dose of 70 to 80 percent silymarin, advises Leslie Beck, author of "The Complete A-Z Nutrition Encyclopedia." Your family doctor or a naturopath can recommend an appropriate dose to take, especially if you have a medical condition or you're pregnant or breastfeeding. Otherwise, follow the directions on the label.
[h=2]Side Effects and Considerations[/h]Milk thistle is generally well-tolerated. Do not take milk thistle if you're allergic to any member of the Asteraceae or Compositae family, which includes ragweed and daisy. You should also not take it if you have had a hormone-related cancer. Milk thistle may make oral contraceptives less effective and interact with other drugs such as anti-psychotic and seizure medications.
Sponsored Links

[h=3]Related Searches[/h]

[h=3]LIVESTRONG.COM Weight Loss Tools - All FREE![/h]
[/COLOR]

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
My doctor said all you need is a balanced diet and exercise to maintain your ideal weight. Each meal should have small portions of protein, carb, fruit, veggies and milk or any source of calcium. Your plate must have these 5 components every meal.

" eat to live and not live to eat"

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
In the 18th century, the French found an all-natural way to lose 10 to 11 pounds instantly. You may not be interested in pursuing this method after some cost-benefit analysis.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Sorry to bring up an old thread. But if you are watching what you eat and you exercise, then just change the pattern of your exercises.

- Avoid using heavy weights. Concentrate on smaller weights but increase the number of reps per set.
- Focus on parts where you feel you need to lose weight. If you are pear shaped then it would be your belly, abdomen and thighs. If you are apple shaped then it would be your shoulder and back. Have an extra day of work out for the parts where you need to lose weight.
- Do you follow a pre-work and post-work out diet? If not, you may want to start one.
- Reduce the amount of protein shake you consume after your work out. Substitute it with natural items like nuts, a glass of milk and egg white (leave out the egg yolk).

Above all, don't fret about an inch or two of fat. Enjoy food. Enjoy every moment of life. Live life without any regrets. :)

B

biscuit

You need to lower your calorie intake and burn more calories. Try jogging a few miles, 3X a week. Lost 15 pounds very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: