Apology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheLordsMelody

i was in bible study tonight and i was basically berated for speaking my opinion. i apoligized in the room if i offended anyone and i am apoligizing again but i dont appreciate the way i was made to feel

L

Livi94

If you were sincerely sorry God forgives you and so should the people in your bible study. Berating someone does not mean they are right and it is certainly not a way to prove a point. Sending you prayers <3

God Bless
~Olivia

S

Siberian_Khatru

I'm not sure what the full story is, but I hope that the experience doesn't deter you from fellowship here, Melody. I appreciate your sentiment in posting here, and I hope also that you will not meet with too many future altercations. Very often, narrow mindedness has a way with even the "like-minded".

J

jimsun

Hi Melody - Hope you're well.
I rarely get into Bible Study "live" these days. But I'm puzzled that you have been berated for giving your opinion - Last I checked, Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998!

If you feel like giving out to someone, PM me - I can take it !!

J+

U

Ugly

I'm not the least bit surprised. The Bible Study chat is not a whole lot different than the bible forums. I've regularly heard various complaints about the room and how people get treated there. Sadly the room seems to have a lot of people who are full of pride in their biblical knowledge and are only there to correct the rest of us, as opposed to people discussing the bible.

J

jimsun

I'm not the least bit surprised. The Bible Study chat is not a whole lot different than the bible forums. I've regularly heard various complaints about the room and how people get treated there. Sadly the room seems to have a lot of people who are full of pride in their biblical knowledge and are only there to correct the rest of us, as opposed to people discussing the bible.
Have to agree, Ugly - I'm becoming more & more alarmed @ those of us who wish to merely dispute things rather than discuss, debate & even have a laugh!
Don't know about your God but mine has a wicked humour!
BW; J+

T

TheLordsMelody

Thank you all. i was just stating the we dont know the whole story of any of the bible stories that there had to bemore detail to each that was not written in the bible. i was in no way saying that any of it was false.

Dec 19, 2009
i was in bible study tonight and i was basically berated for speaking my opinion. i apoligized in the room if i offended anyone and i am apoligizing again but i dont appreciate the way i was made to feel
I figure people sometimes become belligerent when they are losing an argument.

T

TheLordsMelody

lol i never thought of it that way

N

Nancyer

Great point to be made! I remember the first real light bulb after finding Christ and beginning to study His Word. I had begun attending the Thursday night Bible Study at my church and our Pastor started a new study on Phillippians. (prior to that we worked with The Wired Word, mostly) We had reached chapter 4, I think, when someone made a comment and Pastor Bob responded with "you have to remember, we know the rest of the story. When this was written they didn't." Put a HUGE new spin on everything for me. Rather a "duh" moment, really, but I hadn't ever thought of it like that.

He also made me realize how little we know about Mary, Mother of Jesus. And why do we know so little about Jesus' life as a small boy? There are lots of areas missing, details we are not privy to. I'm not saying it makes the stories any less true, just that the details aren't there and so we have to rely on faith that what we are told is enough.