APPLE PIE, ICE CREAM, RABBITS AND EGGS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
It seems to me there has been a profound change in our world since the holocaust. Things we are to watch for as precursors to the last days are happening. The Dead Sea Scrolls and such opened up understanding of ancient culture, for instance. I think our Lord wants us to all respond by a careful, prayerful listening to what all scripture, Old and New, has to say and watch carefully that what we know comes from God not men.
As I read history, I see a lot of men’s ideas mixing in our churches. The OT scripture calls worship men invent pagan worship. Festivals were changed, Sabbath day was changed. We are to worship in spirit and truth, but we take it so far that fasting in spirit and truth is done with a piece of apple pie and ice cream while we think the fast. Passover is celebrated with symbols of the fertility God, with rabbits and eggs.
The New Testament is simply a fulfillment of the Old Testament. God the Son is one with God the Father, He was there from the time of creation, He is in the Old Testament. In the same way God the Father is in the New. It takes both to make a whole.
What do all of you think?

Last edited:
G

GloryBe

I grew up in a New Testament church...believing the OT to be alot of nice old bible stories but otherwise not very relevant. But a couple years ago, God started leading me to the OT through a strange avenue......a fascination with historical fiction on the subject of Israel and Hebrew history. Finally, to learn more, I stopped reading fiction and started doing an Old Testament bible study, specifically, the first 5 books of the OT, aka "The Torah". I'm just finishing up Numbers right now and still have a ways to go....however, I have to say that this study has been the most relevant bible study that I have ever done!! This study of the OT has been such a spiritually rich experience..... How could I have never know this before?????

zone

Jun 13, 2010
the best part of OT study for me is seeing Jesus Christ and the Plan of Redemption, the Promise coming!
beautiful.