Appointments and disappointments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 13, 2018
I was thinking on this especially for singles how do we deal with appointments and disppointments?

I find it hard to deal with disappointment. I set a date to do something, and for whatever reason it may not happen, and then I am disappointed, but I have learned that sometimes you just need to postpone things a little. Maybe the date you set was just too soon.

I also dont like disappointing people, but sometimes it needs to be done because you arent prepared or ready and you need to be patient. Because Gods timing is always right.

It is like planting seeds before spring. Dont do it. The moment you do, a frost will come and kill all your plants.

It is better late than never. I think sometimes its hard to be right on time for everything. For some people, they get angry when people are a minute late and then drag their feet about everything else. So how do you deal with that? Do you work to your own timetable or do you try to accomodate everyone else? What are some strategies or tips to deal with all the appointments and disappointments in life?

I am absolutely that person! LOL... I am always where I say I am going to be be it a meeting with my childs teacher or a lunch. I think this is what being an Adult is all about...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sometimes I think maybe I should set my alarm earlier or louder or five mintues fwd on the watch to allow for lags. But usually time keeping is for other peoples sakes. I hate rushing things, but I also hate being rushed. I try to be realistic.

I think being a middle child really had the effect of, the firstborn sets the timetable and the middle born is always feels like they have to play catchup to the firstborn. The youngest nobody cares cos they were born too late anyway! But then I think the secret advantage of being middleborn is the goldilocks effect that sometimes you get things that are JUST RIGHT.

Jesus would often say 'its not the right time' but only He knew when the right time would be (wouldnt it be great if you were God and could just set the time, slow it down, speed it up, whenever) otherwise sometimes you feel like that character in the movie Groundhogs day, keep waking up, doing the same thing over and over until you get it right. Thankfully we have many days to get it right in Gods eyes. How many times can you forgive a person? Seven times seventy?