Approaching Armageddon: Disaster, War and Persecution

• Thread starter approaching_armageddon
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

approaching_armageddon

Hi Everyone!

Have you ever wondered why early Protestant denominations required a man to believe that the pope was the Antichrist before they would consider him for ordination?

Or, have you ever wondered why Jonathan Edwards, Isaac Newton, John Gill, James Durham, and many other great Biblical thinkers thought that the Roman Catholic Church would fall promptly 1,260 years after it rose to its status as the Antichrist?

I would like to organize a group who will study a book together. The book is entitled Approaching Armageddon: Disaster, War and Persecution. While I am primarily a philosopher (I teach ethics and medieval philosophy at the graduate and undergraduate levels), I wrote this book in an easy-to-ready style aimed at a wide audience. In it, I defend the historical, Protestant position on the pope, including his rise to Antichristian tyranny and imminent fall. I also show that this historically confessional position suggests that the fall of the papacy should happen sometime in the 21st Century, with a high likelihood that this will happen in the Battle of Armageddon in 2016. (I'm careful not to be presumptuous with predictions or anything, though--I make it clear in the book that this could happen decades after 2016.)

This book is thoroughly Biblical, and I offer careful explanations of many of the most important passages on Biblical prophecy--especially passages in Daniel, 2 Thessalonians, and Revelation.

That said, here's what I'd like to do: if there is enough interest, you can order the book here, and I will make myself available for a discussion thread that constitutes an "author meets readers" study. You can ask me questions, challenge claims in the book, etc., and I'll offer responses for as long as I can keep it up or until the thread dies out.

Let me know if you want to participate! I'd like to see God glorified in our careful meditation on His amazing plan for the world!

Yours,
Dan J. Davidson