ARAMAIC

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2011
Aramaic was the language that God used most when he walked the earth. There are several translations for one word. The term holy spirit has other meanings also---breath, life and spirit---it was universally agreed upon to use the term Holy--because God is Holy--and spirit because he is spirit. They should have used LIFE--eternal life when baptized. For the Father and Holy Spirit ARE NOT two separate beings. This would have made things clearer for many, many people. This is stuff you'll have to look up on the internet or at the library. None other is Holy or Father except Jesus Christ (Yeshua in Aramaic) Jesus Bless You
Huldah

Oct 24, 2011
PS: the pronunciation for Yeshua (Ish--oo--wah)

S

shekaniah

Thank you for the lesson...Ish--oo--wah...I thought it was...Ye--shoo--wa.
Most a the people on US television, must pronounce it wrong.
Either that or I'm not hearing them correctly.

I have learned Father, son and spirit are all part of the same being. So when I pray to the father through the Spirit in Jesus name...
I'm claiming passage through what Jesus did for me at the cross. And when He went to be with the Father...the Holy spirit came
to be our guide and counselor...we recieve the Holy Spirit by giving our life to Jesus. And that is how we gain the Wisdom of God,
His peace, His understanding, His knowledge....

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Oct 24, 2011
Evertime I thought Yeshua--the thought came back immediately---Ish--oo--wah--emphasis on wah. I tried this many times. Trust it.
Jesus Bless you
Huldah

S

Steve4U

I love that Shekaniah. There may never be a better summing up than that.

Love is another one where English is out of its depth -- although it is strong in many areas.

The agape, philia, eros and storge of the Greek is helpful.

Is there anything in Aramaic that is enlightening?

O happy day :)