Are All satans and lucifers in the Bible the Devil?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

presidente

May 29, 2013
@LactoseIntolerant,

Btw, the interpretation I lean toward is that God decreed that the 'elohim' that He would take over the inheritance ruled nations in Psalm 82. In Psalm 2, we see the nations were the Messiah's if He asked. In Matthew 28, Jesus said all authority was given to Him in heaven and on earth, and therefore he told the apostles to go into all the world and teach and baptize all nations.

There are principalities and powers that are at war with Christians who preach the Gospel in these other nations. It has been decreed that God would take the inheritance of the other 'elohim' of Psalm 82. Maybe they do not like it very much. And they probably do not like mere humans, made of dirt, who through Christ have the power to become sons of God, those who will be co-heirs with the Messiah who will inherit the nations.

Jul 24, 2021
Dear me, don’t assume it’s for you. If it’s for you, I would tell you, but sufficient it’s for the whole, not that one.

Now, experience wise, my Dad was a great example for this evil spirit stuff because that is exactly what happened. Saul made a decision to not serve the LORD the way the LORD wanted him to serve Him. Dad made the same mistake. Saved yes, but miserably tormented because he had forgotten the days of what it meant to trust God with simple faith. It wasn’t until at the end that he came to his senses.
God tells us to avoid evil spirits, so should He send evil spirits?

Saul and God were in a relationship and they broke up. God abandoned him and saul felt His Absence. That is the distress. No magic persons.

presidente

May 29, 2013
God tells us to avoid evil spirits, so should He send evil spirits?

Saul and God were in a relationship and they broke up. God abandoned him and saul felt His Absence. That is the distress. No magic persons.
Several messages back, you were posting about how the Bible was inspired, and stuff along those lines. If you think 'evil spirits' means ideas, then you still have the same problem. with these passages. Then you have the other problem that 'idea' does not fit the context if you plug in that word instead of spirit, and the problem that you are just arbitrarily changing what the passage says to make you feel more comfortable with it.

I cannot find any passage that says to 'avoid evil spirits.' There is a list of different kinds of occultists God told the Israelites not to go to. Jesus cast out devils and told the apostles to do the same. He didn't say to avoid them.