Are Ranty Preachers just bad communicators?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2011
You knows the guys that post on the forum. It's like a 1000 word post and has 42 bible quotes or whatever, and then they never engage in conversation, except to obsessively defend their position. And then their responses are twice as long.

Are these people just bad communicators?

Psychotics?

A

allforfun

I think they are one sided and not able to look past their own nose. They are probably like that in person as well and having a conversation is like being in a constant U-turn. It is fun to read for about 5 minutes when bored and also when I think I have all the answers.

Then I am reminded I don't.

Jul 24, 2010
You knows the guys that post on the forum. It's like a 1000 word post and has 42 bible quotes or whatever, and then they never engage in conversation, except to obsessively defend their position. And then their responses are twice as long.

Are these people just bad communicators?

Psychotics?
They're too filled with their own pride most of the time and have a "holier than thou" attitude. That makes them awful communicators as they're too closed minded to listen (something you always need to do in a conversation), and they are too prideful to be corrected. So I'd say they are borderline psychotic... after all, crazy people often don't think they're crazy.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Many preachers get on the pulpit and do a lotta yellin and hollerin but aint sayin nothin..