Are There any Linux Users on This Site?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Your right. And I'm a retired technical writer. I'll keep that in mind next time.
You‘re a retired technical writer too? Wow. Can you share some of your work?

Would you like to see my resume by the way?

Mar 8, 2024
I have published a few books that are available on Amazon. One of them is on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, entitled "Where Do We Go When We Die?" Author Lori Boyters

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Zandars may sleep much, but they seldom die.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
That's the main thing I like about portable Linux install on my flash drive. I don't even care about pen testing. If you hacked me and wrecked everything, I would just clone from another flash drive install and keep rolling. All the files I care about are stored on multiple offline devices.

"The most secure situation is not having to care about security."
While I haven't used linux(yet), I wondered why folks don't put a Linux distro on another, making a perfect sandbox for such problems.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
While I haven't used linux(yet), I wondered why folks don't put a Linux distro on another, making a perfect sandbox for such problems.
As a virtual box, I mean. Wouldn't that be better than anti-virus?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hey Edy, may i interest you in a side dish of Windows 10?
Today's specials are Windows 11 with a MacOS look and Windows ME (Mistake Edition).

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
FYI, win11 is a jazzed up, junk version of 10. Same kernel. I bought a new Dell with 11 on it. Hated it. Downgraded it to a lite 10. Much better.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I mean... You could if you want. But each virtual machine would take up disk space, and it would stack RAM usage every time you used it.

On the other hand, most modern machines could handle it. And you could clone virtual machines all day long, as long as you had enough disk space for each one.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I mean... You could if you want. But each virtual machine would take up disk space, and it would stack RAM usage every time you used it.

On the other hand, most modern machines could handle it. And you could clone virtual machines all day long, as long as you had enough disk space for each one.
Considering how much ram anti-virus can use, It makes me wonder if it would be worth it. A small/er linux with another small linux as a virtual machine would still be small & faster than a windoze, lol.

Mar 8, 2024
Agree! Especially if you're doing sw development. Can't get better than Linux for development. Except maybe Solaris now owned by Oracle using the full-up Unix OS.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Agree! Especially if you're doing sw development. Can't get better than Linux for development. Except maybe Solaris now owned by Oracle using the full-up Unix OS.
That's over my head. I'm just a user. Don't even know a single coding language. So I'll take your word for it.