Are we FREE from the Law or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

peterT

When Paul was in the middle of speaking about the law and liberty he said. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. The leaven being the law.
So this is my attempt to Purge out therefore the old leaven, beginning in my own heart.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If we want to shine for the Lord and be the best witness we can, and for Christ to become an effect on others, especially these days when the darkness is great.

Then we must purge out therefore the old leaven, In this case. The law. The bondwoman. And by faith become the new free woman of the promise.

Galatians 4:23But he [who was] of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise.
Galatians 4:30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the BONDWOMAN and her son: for the son of the BONDWOMAN shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Galatians 4:31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

The problem is that the some brethren think that we are not trustworthy to be called unto liberty, if we are free we are out to become sluts. This is not the spirit of the lord. And this is not the aim of a dedicated Christian, and this is not why we need to be free and is not why we have been called unto liberty. The aim I think is to become the most useful tool for the Lord as we can in spirit, and to shine in spirit and in truth so we can help others. And for us to do that we have to get in to the spirit of God. How can we shine like the light in the spirit of the lord if we are still bound to the bondwoman? In a way the bondwoman in our own lives must be a hindrance to our witness and are light.

How can we be the best witness of spirit and truth with power if we are in spirit and error? The less error we have the more light we have, then greater the witness.

Answer the question in your own hearts. Are you trustworthy to be called unto liberty?

Galatians 5: 13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

John4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Matt22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Your thoughts thanks

D

DiscipleWilliam

When Paul was in the middle of speaking about the law and liberty he said. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. The leaven being the law.
So this is my attempt to Purge out therefore the old leaven, beginning in my own heart.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If we want to shine for the Lord and be the best witness we can, and for Christ to become an effect on others, especially these days when the darkness is great.

Then we must purge out therefore the old leaven, In this case. The law. The bondwoman. And by faith become the new free woman of the promise.

Galatians 4:23But he [who was] of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise.
Galatians 4:30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the BONDWOMAN and her son: for the son of the BONDWOMAN shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Galatians 4:31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

The problem is that the some brethren think that we are not trustworthy to be called unto liberty, if we are free we are out to become sluts. This is not the spirit of the lord. And this is not the aim of a dedicated Christian, and this is not why we need to be free and is not why we have been called unto liberty. The aim I think is to become the most useful tool for the Lord as we can in spirit, and to shine in spirit and in truth so we can help others. And for us to do that we have to get in to the spirit of God. How can we shine like the light in the spirit of the lord if we are still bound to the bondwoman? In a way the bondwoman in our own lives must be a hindrance to our witness and are light.

How can we be the best witness of spirit and truth with power if we are in spirit and error? The less error we have the more light we have, then greater the witness.

Answer the question in your own hearts. Are you trustworthy to be called unto liberty?

Galatians 5: 13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

John4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Matt22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Your thoughts thanks
Greetings PeterT,

I would say that it depends what jurisdiction you are referring to. If you are referring to the ceremonial law, than no. We as people that have entered into eternal life through the covenant of grace following the Crucifixion of Christ Jesus are not incumbered with the ceremonial law. Don't get me wrong, there is wisdom within the ceremonial law, but we are not obliged to keep the ceremonial law of the old Testament. If the venue you are referring to is the jurisdiction of the Commandments i.e. the moral law, then yes. Everyone born of flesh is expected to keep the righteous law of God, both believers and nonbelievers.

This is what's called 'common law.' When you break the law, you have now moved in dishonor. God ordains the law of the land, but mankind always seeks to pervert it. The court systems work the same way. If you have a right standing in court (honor) you are seen as a creditor one who knows truth. If you are in a wrong standing in court (dishonor=contempt) you are seen as a debtor. A debtor has no claim to anything, but has forfeited his role as a creditor due to his outstanding debt. A debtor is a person who has a 'claim' against them. As Christians our outstanding dept is caused by sin. And the only way to pay the 'sin debt' is through mediation. We must have a surety. That surety, when alleviating the outstanding obligation that the debtor incurred, now has vested interest in that property (2 Corinth. 6:20). Sorry to go off on a tangent with a legal synopsis but to me it's quite a dynamic and interesting if you look at it from a legal perspective also.

Feb 17, 2010
PeterT, thank you for this, and I would only want to scetch two people here... Let us say one guy has ony one (bond to sin) he is a thief. He NEver did any sin but to stel many times in his life. When is he a no more a sinner? When can God witness that He is a saved person. When can he walk in the LIGHT? When is the LEAVEN removed from him? The moment he CANNOT stal again! If he will steal just one more time HE IS BACK IN BONDAGE!!!

Ok now the man with ten sins... When is he free from the TEN STRINGS OF BONDAGE? The last one being stealing... So the man is rid of 9 sins he committed, and God has truly broken that works and CUT the bondages, and REMOVED THE LEAVEN Thereof... This man is DONE with 9 of the 10... Do you see he is now EXACTLY like the first man... He will also by FREE and in the LOGHT AFTER HE DIED OFF THE STEALING...

I hope this explains that Jesus did not come to set you FREE partially, but as FULLY AS HE WAS FREE....

MAy the peace of Jesus Christ, be my LIGHT AMEN!!!

A

Abiding

Im buying all the Disciple William books when they come out :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Greetings PeterT,

I would say that it depends what jurisdiction you are referring to. If you are referring to the ceremonial law, than no. We as people that have entered into eternal life through the covenant of grace following the Crucifixion of Christ Jesus are not incumbered with the ceremonial law. Don't get me wrong, there is wisdom within the ceremonial law, but we are not obliged to keep the ceremonial law of the old Testament. If the venue you are referring to is the jurisdiction of the Commandments i.e. the moral law, then yes. Everyone born of flesh is expected to keep the righteous law of God, both believers and nonbelievers.

This is what's called 'common law.' When you break the law, you have now moved in dishonor. God ordains the law of the land, but mankind always seeks to pervert it. The court systems work the same way. If you have a right standing in court (honor) you are seen as a creditor one who knows truth. If you are in a wrong standing in court (dishonor=contempt) you are seen as a debtor. A debtor has no claim to anything, but has forfeited his role as a creditor due to his outstanding debt. A debtor is a person who has a 'claim' against them. As Christians our outstanding dept is caused by sin. And the only way to pay the 'sin debt' is through mediation. We must have a surety. That surety, when alleviating the outstanding obligation that the debtor incurred, now has vested interest in that property (2 Corinth. 6:20). Sorry to go off on a tangent with a legal synopsis but to me it's quite a dynamic and interesting if you look at it from a legal perspective also.
Colossians 2:14
having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

seem scripture supports your judicial theory ;)

D

DiscipleWilliam

Thank you all for the nice comments.