Are you a lumberjack? Or in need of one?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carpetmanswife

Judge not that ye be not judged . For with what judgement ye judge ye shall be judged, and with what measure ye mete it shall be measured unto you again.And why beholdest the mote that is in thy brothers eye, but considerest the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother , Let me pull out the mote that is in thine own eye; and behold a beam is in thine own eye ?Thou hypocrite ,first cast out the beam that is in thine own eye ; and then thou shalt see clearly to cast out the mote that is in the brothers eye. matthew 7:1-5

Nov 14, 2008
I will admit i am so guilty of this.... And im glad you put this up here.... what a great reminder!

Jan 31, 2009
as most folks misunderstand this verse, a judge is one who not only convicts a lawbreaker but also hands down the sentence to the crime commited , judging one of wrong doing is not what this verse means , but rather judging the crime plus handing down the sentence with the Crime such as if my wife cheats on me then I convict by evidence found then I sentence her to life under house arrest or even sentence her to death thus we get the other part of the verse which most folks fail to mention
Lu 6:36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.Lu 6:37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

if this meant we can't judge if a person has sinned then we would have a contradiction in the Word , which just can't be , no contradictions In The Holy Word of God
Mt 18:15Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his FAULT between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
if we can't judge sin how can we tell them what they did wrong

Ga 6:1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a FAULT, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Again if we can't judge the crime, how can we help the ones that need restoring??
notice here though we must be spiritual in order to do thid in other words

Mt 7:3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the BEAM that is in thine own eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.