Are you a spot light or a son rise....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shekaniah

If we boldly blind people with too much truth; when they are living in darkness,
they will get mad and not want to hear what you have to say.

But if we slowly reveal the truth to them a little at a time.
It is much easier for them to see it clearly.

If some one is asleep in a dark room and you flip on the light!
Not only do you blind them, but it hurts their eyes and they get upset.

But if the sun slowly lights up the room, it is much easier to see
everything in the room clearly, and it does not hurt their eyes.

I think Jesus does this with me, every few months he shows me something I need to
change in my life. It's like He lights up another corner of my life.
I'm glad He did not through the whole Book at me at once!
I would have ran!
Saved by grace through faith

Lord show us how to open the eyes of the hearts of the unsaved, with out blinding or hurting them. In Jesus Name Amen

P.S. Sun misspelled on purpose, Son rise meaning...His loving light

R

Ramon

If we boldly blind people with too much truth; when they are living in darkness,

I think Jesus does this with me, every few months he shows me something I need to
I would have ran!

Lord show us how to open the eyes of the hearts of the unsaved, with out blinding or hurting them. In Jesus Name Amen

:):):)

In the morning when we would not get up. My dad would come knocking on that door, BOOM BOOM BOOM!! He would turn the light on and LEAVE IT ON!!

Sure, my eyes hurt, but my eyes adjusted. The light didn't change for me, I changed for the light. Now, the Holy Spirit is the one who reveals as you say. No man can reveal the Truth to another man. I am a witness it is IMPOSSIBLE!!

The Holy Spirit has to reveal in this way, the most we can do is be a witness of Jesus and of his gospel, in word, deed, and truth!

May Jesus bless you.

S

shekaniah

And By Example! I pray that I can be a light in this world for Him.

R

Ramon

And By Example! I pray that I can be a light in this world for Him.
AMEN!! May Jesus bless you.

I would love to speak to you at any time my friend about the Lord Jesus. I have had so many things that I have not been allowed to share in the forums, but in PM, at any time, we can edify one another in the Truth!!

May Jesus bless you.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
My word, all I can say is amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Ramon

OH, and AMEN AMEN ABOUT THE ''Jesus shows me something I need to change!!''

Why does he do this? To change us into HIS image. It is like teaching a former slave to behave like a free man. Have to get that mind heart and soul in the mix too!!

May Jesus bless you.

S

shekaniah

I think that once you submit to His spirit, He refines you by Fire. If you are on milk, you get the sunrise. If you are on solid food, you get the refiners
fire!

1 Peter 1:7
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

R

Ramon

I think that once you submit to His spirit, He refines you by Fire. If you are on milk, you get the sunrise. If you are on solid food, you get the refiners
fire!

1 Peter 1:7
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
That is a bit heavy for me!! lol.

Now, I want to share with you what that reminds me of. And I am so glad that I can share this with you. This is what the Lord showed me, and although it is partially revealed, I know he has some revelation in it for you.

I remember when it was written about the many people who will stand to be tested by the fire of God. Some wood and hay and stubble. But some gold and silver, and metals.

Now, what does fire do to wood, hay, and stubble? These things are consumed by the fire.

But what happens to gold and silver when it goes through fire? It is purified.

This reminds me of that fiery trials that are to test us.

Now, in the house of the Lord (You know his house), there are many vessels, some to honor and some to dishonor. Which are the vessels of honor? Of dishonor?

Don't we all want to be pure as he is pure? Holy as he is holy? I don't want to be consumed by his fire, I want to be refined!!

But let him consume me in his refining!! So that I can be wholly pure!!! INSIDE AND OUT!!

May Jesus bless you.

EDIT: Oh and this reminds me of the phrase. ''A BEATEN WORK.''

S

shekaniah

He never said it would be easy, He just said He would give us the strength to get through it.
God Bless

Mar 18, 2011
I agree Shekaniah, however I am reminded that there is a time for everything. As you said when they are ready for milk its milk and meat its meat. But not everyone who we share testimony with is to be saved, for not all are quickened in the spirit. Some of them will hear the word only to rebel against it. That they may be held accountable-for it is written "and this is their condemnation, that light has come into the world and man loved the darkness rather than light, for their deeds were evil". He brings fire upon the earth, so what will He that when he comes he finds it already kindled?. For some thrive in the darkest corners and the light is to be shined in, on and around them revealing without reservation that which they would keep hidden, that they must make a decision, and have no excuse for the day of judgement.

:D God bless you for your love and light!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
One of my favorate scriptures is, the rightousness of the Lord is like the first gleem of dawn, growing ever brighter till the full light of day!

God bless.
pickles

S

shekaniah

Beautiful scripture, I love it. Thank you for sharing.

Feb 17, 2010
Gold is only pure when ALL the dolomite and other impure elements are removed! And God knows how to purify, even as He is pure....1 John 3. This is my message... Can God use gold that He has not purified YET?

I grew up in one of the Gold richest towns in the world...Carletonville South Africa. It takes many tons of earth to produce a few grams of gold. The mines in Carletonville goes more that a mile deep tp dig out the gold, yet they cannot trade the rock, they trade the refined gold! even though the rock contain the gold, nobody is shure how much gold is in the rock, before it is melted and purged out.

I hope I use the right words, but God says this in revelation... I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
This is the thing, we can only get this GOLD and SALVE from GOD! Every person will have to go and buy the GOLD and SALVE from GOD! Many gives advice where to go to get this, but MANY send people on the wrong ways, becasue they have not boght this salve themselves.... How can a blind lead a blind?

Ramon gives the right directions.... God said... be Holy for I am Holy!... So let us walk that HOLY WAY... JESUS is the WAY! Amen!

S

shekaniah

I found two scriptures...

Proverbs 4:18
The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

R

Ramon

THIS IS AN AWESOME THREAD!!! AMEN!!

WOW COBUS!! What really sticks out to me is, ''and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear!!!'' I desire so much to speak about these things that the Lord has shared with me, because I know it is for edification the body. I do know it, but I have to see his body first!

It is really amazing!!

But now I am trying to understand, and I will wait until the Lord teaches me:

IF we are buying gold that is tried in the fire from him, that makes us rich? And we buy white raiment?

Well, this reminds me of a dream the Lord gave me. And he also sent someone to interpret that dream also. It sounds like this has something to do with the blood of Jesus Christ as well. And sounds to be about a covering for sin (nakedness/shame).

I know that the blood of Jesus Christ is the covering for my shame/nakedness. It makes as white as this raiment also. It is like a gown of righteousness. But I don't know what the eyesalve is.

I wonder if the gold is inside a person? Seems to be.

Anyhow. I hope this conversation continues!!!

May Jesus bless you all!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009

The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Thankyou, I always struggle to find them so quickly.
I love them both, but all speak to how we recieve rightousness from God, and His care to keep it. :)

God bless.
pickles

R

Ramon

Now that is funny. I just put up a thread that says pretty much the same thing!! WOW!! It came out of Psalms though.

May 2, 2011

I would have ran!

I like the analogy - Are you a spot light or a son rise....

Paul used the MILK and MEAT Metaphor

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one
teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are
become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Hebrews 5:12

Here, try these, maybe it will reflect a little of that light back:

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011

I would have ran!

Here,s another scripture:
Psalms127 Unless the Lord builds the house, we labor in vain; so lets take time to wait upon the Lord

A

AnandaHya

:)

Psalm 139

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall[a] on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.