Are you burdened?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 3, 2011
Those who try to stop sinning and do good works as a means to obtain salvation will be burdened down by this, as we know no one will be justified by the works of the law, but however if we refuse are flesh becoming sinless out of love and appreciation for our Savior, then His commandment will not be burdensome to us.

Aug 12, 2010
I try not to think about it too much.

Dec 19, 2009
Those who try to stop sinning and do good works as a means to obtain salvation will be burdened down by this, as we know no one will be justified by the works of the law, but however if we refuse are flesh becoming sinless out of love and appreciation for our Savior, then His commandment will not be burdensome to us.
From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

It is our sin that makes us unhappy. When we stop sinning, life become beautiful.

Aug 12, 2010
From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

It is our sin that makes us unhappy. When we stop sinning, life become beautiful.
Have you stopped sinning yet Res?

(that includes accidental sins..lolz)

H

Hearer

how in any way has God burdened us? He sent Jesus to save us from our sins and the Holy Spirit to lead us after all. There is not way God has burdened us.

Jul 3, 2011
how in any way has God burdened us? He sent Jesus to save us from our sins and the Holy Spirit to lead us after all. There is not way God has burdened us.
Amen you are right, we burden ourselves when we try to abtian salvation on our own rather than letting God reside within us.

H

Hearer

Jesus said:

Jesus came to give us freedom from burdens.

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

and of the lawyers and experts in jewish religion: They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden. 5 “Everything they do is for show. Matthew 23 :4-5

Jul 3, 2011
Jesus said:

Jesus came to give us freedom from burdens.

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

and of the lawyers and experts in jewish religion: They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden. 5 “Everything they do is for show. Matthew 23 :4-5
ok???? but how does these scriptures pertain to the thread?

H

Hearer

jesus lifted our burdens from us when he was lifted up taking our burdens with him.

Jul 3, 2011
jesus lifted our burdens from us when he was lifted up taking our burdens with him.
Yes He did but we must also lay down every weight that does hinder us.

H

Hearer

we are able to do what Paul said becaiuse we have faith, we have faith because jesus drew us to him first by being lifted up and by taking our sins away and giving us a light yoke.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming to him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.

Jun 24, 2010
You did not quote the whole verse, this is what is says...

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

I bet you don't like hearing that we can have a besetting sin that we have to lay aside. This verse has nothing to do with perfection but a race. The instructions here is not to repent of his besetting sin but simply to lay it aside, as you would do with your coat when you put it off. No godly sorrow and no repentance, just put it aside and get it off you because it is hindering you in the race you are in.

We all have besetting sins that hinder us and if I spent enough time with you I would be able to find out just what those besetting sins would be, because they would hinder you and drag you to the sidelines and you would stop running the race set before you until you decided to lay it aside. This is why we are to provoke one another unto love and good works. You know why we can never be perfect experientially in this body, because the whole head is sick and our heart is deceitful an desperately wicked.

Jesus said that even if you look upon a woman and lust after her, you have already committed adultery with her in your heart. If it is true with the opposite sex, I wonder what else it would be true about in relationship to sin in the heart without ever committing it outwardly. These sins of the heart would have to be confessed just as the outward ones would be and you would have to be confessed up to date with these sins also before you take the bread and drink the cup, less you do it unworthily.

Jul 3, 2011
Let me put it this way. If we yoke ourselves together with Jesus and let Him carry the burden we will not have to carry it ourselves.

Matthew 11
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Feb 17, 2010
Red if i lay ANY sin aside...Jesus comes and TAKES it away as far as the east is from the west. And I cannot get that coat again, And so i lay aside ALL my clothes to appear NAKED in front of Him and HE WILL CLOTHE me with CLORHES that is no burdensome, in fact those clothes makes me SOAR! Jesus says he will CLEANSE ME OF ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS... That means ALL SIN, and EVIL! What an salvation Jesus offers! It is so Good, even GOD APPROVES... The salvation is IN JESUS, AND HIM IN ME...AND THEIR IS NO SIN IN THAT PICTURE...ONLY PERFECTION.
Please look at this... JESUS IN ME< ME IN JESUS... WHERE IS SATAN IN THIS PICTURE?

L

Laodicea

Matthew 11:28-30
(28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Hebrews 4:9-11
(9) There remaineth therefore a rest (G4520) to the people of God.
(10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
(11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

G4520
&#963;&#945;&#946;&#946;&#945;&#964;&#953;&#963;&#956;&#959;&#769;&#962;
sabbatismos
sab-bat-is-mos'
From a derivative of G4521; a &#8220;sabbatism&#8221;, that is, (figuratively) the repose of Christianity (as a type of heaven): - rest.

L

Laodicea

Hebrews 4:9-11
(9) There remaineth therefore a rest (G4520) to the people of God.
(10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
(11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

G4520
&#963;&#945;&#946;&#946;&#945;&#964;&#953;&#963;&#956;&#959;&#769;&#962;
sabbatismos
sab-bat-is-mos'
From a derivative of G4521; a &#8220;sabbatism&#8221;, that is, (figuratively) the repose of Christianity (as a type of heaven): - rest.

The sabbath teaches us that we cannot work for salvation

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Let me put it this way. If we yoke ourselves together with Jesus and let Him carry the burden we will not have to carry it ourselves.

Matthew 11
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
this is talking about those who laboured under THE YOKE OF THE LAW.