Are you happy with who you are right now?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Are we happy with who we are?

Hair:

Whenever I go for a haircut with someone new, the new girl will always walk up, smile a huge smile, and say, "What would you like me to do?"

To which I answer, "Make me smarter."

The girl will usually frown, furrow her brows, and then sort of whisper... "I only cut hair."

:)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
To be more serious:

1. It is biblical, and sensible, to be content with who, and what, God created us to be.

2. However, it is ALSO biblical, and sensible, to always be striving to be a better version of that thing God created us to be... we should never be content with merely remaining whatever we were yesterday.

S

Susanna

Are we happy with who we are?

Hair:

Whenever I go for a haircut with someone new, the new girl will always walk up, smile a huge smile, and say, "What would you like me to do?"

The girl will usually frown, furrow her brows, and then sort of whisper... "I only cut hair."

:)
And you’re asking her to cut corners😛.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I asked God to make me smarter... His reply; I can do miracles, but your asking the impossible :)

I doubt anyone is happy with who they are now, but we can certainly be content with what we're destined to be.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Regarding the Question in the Title:

Yes.

I am happy with who I am as a Christian, person.........not so much regarding the physical afflictions I suffer though.

(edited to say)

BUT: God made a blessing from those afflictions...........soooo

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I would say that I am not happy with myself. There is so many things wrong with me. when I begin to right those things and concentrate on those areas I fail in other areas. If I turn my attention to those things I slide back where I was working to "fix" things.
Hello.

There were times i felt ok, then realized there are other areas in life i have to work on. So as God's word says, i strive at Godliness + contentment. Honestly, it doesnt always feel good when God is chiseling us, working on our faults and weaknesses, but you can say i am in the process of counting it all joy as i go thru various kinds of trials, for i am growing and learning to see things in the eyes of God.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I think being a little restless with ourselves means that we are spiritually aware. If Paul can say that he does what he doesn't want to do, and doesn't do what he wants, then I think that reflects the struggle of being human. I accept that grace is what gives me hope and joy. Checking to see if I am perfectly who I want to be is a bit of a fool's game (not calling anyone here a fool). If I want to grow, be more charitable, more gracious and merciful then that is a good thing. If I do it because I have an expectation of perfection then I am ridiculous. Satan will take the dissatisfaction and lead you to self pity and defeat. Waste of time. Instead, dwell on how lucky you are that, as we are, we are loved. Let it spur you on. Uncondition love? You won the lottery. When you embrace that, not only are you beautiful to God, you will be beautiful to others as well. I say these things from personal experience. I used to feel ashamed of what I wasn't, and eventually realized that that was arrogance on my part. I know my faults and weaknesses. I don't pass judgement on myself, I work on letting go of them. Still not even in the postal code area of whom I'd aspire to be but instead of beating up on myself I thank God that He loves me. I may be simplistic but I can live with that. :)

4Trinity

Aug 17, 2019
I would have to say I’m comfortable in my own skin. But it would be nice to share my happiness with someone some day

Aug 3, 2019
I am a child of God, so I am secure in my future and eternity. I am a work in progress, growing spiritually.
However I have had a bit of a rough life, still learning to deal with the after effects. I have struggles with physical, mental, financial, social, and spiritual aspects. But I know God is with me, guiding and helping along the way. While I may not always be happy, I am filled with the joy of the Lord.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Very much so. Most of my happiness is derived from the Lord’s direction. Knowing my purpose and investing time and energy to its fulfillment has created immense satisfaction and peace.

Setting aside behaviors and situations which outlived their usefulness or compromise my calling was important. The foxes spoil the vines and our undoing frequently hails from things we won’t relinquish and excuse. Being God’s lady is not the same as adhering to my own ideals. I’ve changed a lot.

The things I relinquished were replaced with something better and profitable. I want to reach the end of the road knowing I gave it my all and utilize everything in my tool belt to the best of my ability.

Giving Him greater dominion increases my joy because I’m getting out of the way and discovering why He knows best and how following His will made me a better person inside and out.

He gave me a mindset and disposition that leans heavily towards positive thinking, hope and possibilities. My low moments are few. I trust Him and affirm His will and word. And reflect on how He’s kept me and fulfilled His promises. I know He’s got me. I don’t believe it. I know it. I’ve lived it.

I learned a long time ago to look up. Lift my head to the heavens. When I do, I can’t see what’s going on around me. I’d need to turn my gaze and leave His to do so. That’s half the battle. Developing tunnel vision. A fixed mind that’s stayed on Him.

oksana123

Feb 16, 2020
I am happy with who I am because God is always by my side. Life could be improved a little though

fizzyjoe

Oct 22, 2018
I feel happy with my self more than ever before, helping people, working full time, actually saving money to go to towards an apartment and maybe vehicle, I really feel quite happy😀

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Try singing this song every morning, it will raise your spirits

----Happiness is knowing that Jesus loves me
Happiness is knowing there's God above me
who is looking after me and watching over me with loooove -----

la la la la la