ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 15, 2023
ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?????
Phlippians 1:6 [For I am] confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
when I was in my late teens I had felt the calling to go into the ministry (or thought I did), I was attending a small semi Charismatic neighborhood church...
on a particular weekend they were hosting a special speaker (conference) to which I and a couple of friends attended.
we were sitting near the back and as you can imagine only paying part attention to the speaker.
He was well into his subject matter at the time when all at once he stopped his topic and asked for the BOY in the red shirt to come forward....as he repeated it I looked up and realized he meant me.
Thinking of course that perhaps I had been a bit too loud or disruptive I sheepishly made my way to the front of the church.
when I got to the front The speaker whom I have long forgotten, ask me If I Knew him to which I of course said NO, and he admitted he did not know me either.
He took me by the shoulders and turned me toward the parrish and said, " I FELT THE NEED TO PRAY FOR THIS YOUNG MAN , GOD HAS A VERY SPECIAL PURPOSE AND WILL USE HIM FOR HIS GLORY.
BUT HE WILL FACE DIFFICULTY AND STRUGGLES...." He then lifted me up in prayer before the church and sent me back to my seat.....
I am sure my jaw was at the floor with wide eyes, as were my two companions......