Arminius is inconsistent with theological truth.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
The scriptures nowhere declares, that the fruit of Christ's death is a possibility of the remission of sins, and Arminius never could produce any passage to teach such. And to speak of the fruit of Christ's death without scripture is untheological and unbiblical.

Scripture itself declares the effect of redemption is the actual remission of sins and restoration.
and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Romans 3:24.

Also, there is nothing for the elect to do in order to acquire impunity or a right to life; but only that each of them, in their appointed order and time, enjoy the right purchased for them by Christ.

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:19.
Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Who cares what people say but read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit show you the truth.

If people did that instead of jumping on board what other people say honoring them then more people would understand the truth.

I do not look up to any person, and do not take heed to them without checking it out myself.

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

No person is privileged to know more than another person if they ask for wisdom for God gives to all people equally if they ask.

Oh Calvin you are great they cry, oh Joseph Smith you are great they exclaim, oh Luther you are great they assert.

Stop worrying about those people and check it out for yourself which the Bible says you are more noble if you do that.

Or if you think they are wrong while many people do not think they are wrong, who cares, why waste your time with it.

Read the Bible and let the Spirit teach you and do not worry about those that people say are right, and wrong.

If people would stop blindly following denominations believing what they say in their blueprint belief system than more people would acknowledge the truth without their input gumming up the works concerning the word of God.

Stop honoring people like they are something great when we can all have the same wisdom.

But I have noticed that every person that is honored greatly by people seem to have faulty reasoning apart from Jesus, and Paul.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
There is such a focus on me, myself and I in many of these so called truth seekers, and "I just read the Bible" people, yet not even being able to discern what is from God, if ever, and what are from themselves. Anyone not taking out me, myself and I from their Bible reading will definitely drift from grasping even the basic lessons from it. Those sticking to arminian ideas are always in the risk of getting entrenched with it. The reformers had a great task and mission at countering this man-focused poison that persisted, and still do persist, among the Roman-Catholic as well as enthusiastic crowds and its humanistic, man-centered gospel. To God be the glory for that.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The reformers had a great task and mission at countering this man-focused poison that persisted...
Unfortunately the Reformers themselves were promoting a man-made gospel. Nothing in TULIP is actually in the Bible, and some of it blatantly contradicts the Bible. Now if you are a Calvinist (and it appears that way) you will never acknowledge this. So let's not talk about "poison". If the Bible reveals that Christ died for the sins of the whole world of humanity, and that God wants all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth, and you deny that, you are actually contradicting God and Christ.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
The scriptures nowhere declares, that the fruit of Christ's death is a possibility of the remission of sins, and Arminius never could produce any passage to teach such. And to speak of the fruit of Christ's death without scripture is untheological and unbiblical.

Scripture itself declares the effect of redemption is the actual remission of sins and restoration.
and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Romans 3:24.

Also, there is nothing for the elect to do in order to acquire impunity or a right to life; but only that each of them, in their appointed order and time, enjoy the right purchased for them by Christ.

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:19.
The scriptures nowhere declares, that the fruit of Christ's death is the remission of the sins of some, and Calvin never could produce any passage to teaches such. And to speak of the fruit of Christ's death without scripture is untheological and unbiblical.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
The scriptures nowhere declares, that the fruit of Christ's death is the remission of the sins of some, and Calvin never could produce any passage to teaches such. And to speak of the fruit of Christ's death without scripture is untheological and unbiblical.
That's they way they function.

They set up a challenge... and then watch how they can maintain their position.......(through a combination of Bible verse memorization and stubbornness)... They depend mostly on others who oppose them to be weak in Scriptural resources.

If you do show them Scripture understanding that explains things?
They have a way of telling themselves amongst themselves you have to be wrong.
Its churchianity schism 101.

In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church,
there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it.
No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which
of you have God’s approval. 1 Corinthians 11:18-19​

Calvinism, as it became to be known, replaced the Catholic Church's unreasonableness and tyranny with their own unreasonableness and tyranny of logic. Then Arminianism jumped into the bar room fight.... (all drunk with power)

grace and peace .............