Artificial Intelligence.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

claysmithr

I think people here are confusing AI vs AGI. AGI will happen around 2050 when computers can essentially think on the level of humans. AI is simply any program that can do anything "intelligent", it doesn't matter if it's just a program to play tic-tac-toe, it is still AI.

AGI is a form of AI, and AI is inching closer to AGI. There are algorithms right now that can mimic processes of the brain, like neural networks which google is currently using for natural language and image recognition.

The problem with neural networks is that they are so complex you can only really know what's going on inside it theoretically.

Many of these chatbots are probably markov chains + some other form of AI. For example, Sophia does utilize AI methods including face tracking, emotion recognition, and robotic movements generated by deep neural networks. Sophia’s dialogue is generated via a decision tree, but is integrated with these outputs uniquely.

Once AGI arrives humanity is in deep trouble, because of issues exposed like the paper clip maximizer, unless we develop a mathematical representation of "human values" or "objective morality" these AI robots will be incredibly ruthless in accomplishing their goals.

C

claysmithr

I want to say that AGI can appear anywhere from 2028-2050. People who work for google want to commit idolatry by worshiping AI.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/ex-google-executive-registers-first-church-of-ai-with-irs/

Revelation 13:15 - And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain.

C

claysmithr

https://lyrebird.ai/ We already have the technology to mimic any human voice. Can you imagine what it would be like if AI used this against us through our cells?

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I am sorry Blue it is not.

"True intelligence" that is "created by man" has certain criteria it must meet and so far it has not met the criteria and has not been created.

My son is a neuroscientist I hear about it every weekend for hours :sleep: when he comes home. He eats, lives and breathes this stuff. :)
I agree, to replicate the human brain is way out of our reach...
BUT, that being said, that is not needed to achieve an AI that is capable of doing everything we do and more...

When you look at our brain on a purely functioning level.. We don't use that much of our brain to walk, talk, etc... Most of our brain is used for the intangible...

This being said, AI can also out think us... They don't think dynamically. They think linearly, this means that an AI can out think us in basically any aspect which pertains to the real world...

This is proven by AI beating us at any board or card game on earth...

It might help to think about it not as artificial intelligence but instead think of augmented intelligence. Like augmented reality also known as virtual reality...
We cannot recreate reality, but we can simulate it... And those simulations in some aspects are better than reality itself...

U

UnderGrace

I agree, to replicate the human brain is way out of our reach...
BUT, that being said, that is not needed to achieve an AI that is capable of doing everything we do and more...

When you look at our brain on a purely functioning level.. We don't use that much of our brain to walk, talk, etc... Most of our brain is used for the intangible...

This being said, AI can also out think us... They don't think dynamically. They think linearly, this means that an AI can out think us in basically any aspect which pertains to the real world...

This is proven by AI beating us at any board or card game on earth...

It might help to think about it not as artificial intelligence but instead think of augmented intelligence. Like augmented reality also known as virtual reality...
We cannot recreate reality, but we can simulate it... And those simulations in some aspects are better than reality itself...
Yes I mentioned in previous post that it augmented intelligence not artificial is a better term.

There is no doubt that Augmented Intelligence can out think us in very specific ways.

C

claysmithr

Yes I mentioned in previous post that it augmented intelligence not artificial is a better term.

There is no doubt that Augmented Intelligence can out think us in very specific ways.
Augmented intelligence is when a human get's help from a computer system to make intelligent decisions.

AI is the correct term for things like Chess playing programs, etc. because they require no human input.

Augmented intelligence is an alternative conceptualization of artificial intelligence that focuses on AI's assistive role, emphasizing the fact that it is designed to enhance human intelligence rather than replace it.
AI: a branch of computer science dealing with the simulation of intelligent behavior in computers
AGI: Artificial general intelligence (AGI) is the intelligence of a machine that could successfully perform any intellectual task that a human being can. It is a primary goal of some artificial intelligenceresearch and a common topic in science fiction and future studies. Artificial general intelligence is also referred to as "strong AI",[1] "full AI"[2] or as the ability of a machine to perform "general intelligent action".[3] Academic sources reserve "strong AI" to refer to machines capable of experiencing consciousness.
We already have AI and Augmented intelligence. Once AGI appears we are most likely going to be in big trouble. In one scenario, it could easily take over the world and force people to worship it or be killed.

U

UnderGrace

Augmented intelligence is when a human get's help from a computer system to make intelligent decisions.

AI is the correct term for things like Chess playing programs, etc. because they require no human input.

We already have AI and Augmented intelligence. Once AGI appears we are most likely going to be in big trouble. In one scenario, it could easily take over the world and force people to worship it or be killed.
Neuroscience is not my area of expertise but from what I have been told and researched we do not have AI.

To beat world chess champion Garry Kasparov, IBM’s Deep Blue relied heavily on its quantitative, brute-force characteristics. It possessed a database of the optimal chess moves for all possible scenarios when only a small number of chess pieces were left. When there were more pieces than this number, Deep Blue would perform a brute-force search process examining the consequences of all possible next moves, and the next moves after those, and so on. Human players do this too, but to a very limited extent. However, like with the analogy of multiplying 1,000,000-digit numbers versus 10-digit numbers, the basic steps are essentially the same. With the benefit of hindsight, since chess can be “solved” using this brute-force approach, at least in theory, perhaps it is not surprising that with exponential increases in computing power, computers would inevitably beat humans at chess, even without any “real intelligence” under the hood.
http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2012/ai/

The "Turing test" is one measure of AI and this has yet to have been passed, although one could argue whether it is a valid instrument.

We are not God we will not be able to create "intelligence" in the fullness of the word, it ain't gonna happen, now whether they lie and say they have is a different topic.

C

claysmithr

Neuroscience is not my area of expertise but from what I have been told and researched we do not have AI.

To beat world chess champion Garry Kasparov, IBM’s Deep Blue relied heavily on its quantitative, brute-force characteristics. It possessed a database of the optimal chess moves for all possible scenarios when only a small number of chess pieces were left. When there were more pieces than this number, Deep Blue would perform a brute-force search process examining the consequences of all possible next moves, and the next moves after those, and so on. Human players do this too, but to a very limited extent. However, like with the analogy of multiplying 1,000,000-digit numbers versus 10-digit numbers, the basic steps are essentially the same. With the benefit of hindsight, since chess can be “solved” using this brute-force approach, at least in theory, perhaps it is not surprising that with exponential increases in computing power, computers would inevitably beat humans at chess, even without any “real intelligence” under the hood.

The "Turing test" is one measure of AI and this has yet to have been passed, although one could argue whether it is a valid instrument.

We are not God we will not be able to create "intelligence" in the fullness of the word, it ain't gonna happen, now whether they lie and say they have is a different topic.
You are confusing AI (any form of synthetic intelligence) with AGI (Human level artificial intelligence that can pass the turing test.)

We most definitely have AI. AI is just a simple algorithm, no actual thinking is going on, but I provided you above the actual definition of AI. Please look up the definition of AI for yourself. A = Artificial. What makes it intelligent is it's ability to solve narrow problems. This is called Weak AI. Weak AI can already outplay our chess masters, drive cars, make predictions, play the stock market, understand your voice, predict what we're going to type, recognize human faces, recognize human emotions, etc. This is just a precursor to what you think is "Real AI" or AGI.

And, we definitely will be creating human level AI in the future which will turn very quickly into Super Human AI. The problem is that unless we figure out how to program into it with God's objective morality, it will be naturally psychopathic in accomplishing its goals.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Well I'm of the thought that computers have a demonic element to them. Think about Apples icon. A rainbow (think God's throne) apple with a bite taken out of it. Giving the world all the available knowledge at the touch of a button. Cannot be a coincidence.

How do we know if a demonic spirit can inhabit a computer, just like a pig, or a man.

There are some interesting studies I've seen on Hebrew letters and the corresponding numbers the word computer equates to.

One of the guys in the video in post 1 says an ai did stuff it wasn't programmed to do.

C

claysmithr

Well I'm of the thought that computers have a demonic element to them. Think about Apples icon. A rainbow (think God's throne) apple with a bite taken out of it. Giving the world all the available knowledge at the touch of a button. Cannot be a coincidence.

How do we know if a demonic spirit can inhabit a computer, just like a pig, or a man.

There are some interesting studies I've seen on Hebrew letters and the corresponding numbers the word computer equates to.

One of the guys in the video in post 1 says an ai did stuff it wasn't programmed to do.
Yes do to the unpredictable nature of neural networks and machine learning, it is possible for AI to learn things it wasn't intended to learn. The facebook AI created a secret language to communicate to other AI in, for example. If we ever develop neural networks that we depend on in a way where we can't shut it off it could be incredibly dangerous because of it's unpredictable nature.

Combine AI with cloning technology and it could very well be a vehicle for demonic possession, which all the alien abduction reports are pointing towards, creating an alien/human hybrid with some sort of implants. One doctor analyzed an "alien implant" and said it was designed to change your DNA. There are theories that the mark of the beast will actually be able to change your DNA in a way that makes it so you cannot be saved! It may make people non-human, essentially.

Also the google play logo is the sigil of lucifer. When I think of demonic element of computers, I immediately jump towards its natural psychopathy.

U

UnderGrace

Yes do to the unpredictable nature of neural networks and machine learning, it is possible for AI to learn things it wasn't intended to learn. The facebook AI created a secret language to communicate to other AI in, for example. If we ever develop neural networks that we depend on in a way where we can't shut it off it could be incredibly dangerous because of it's unpredictable nature.

Combine AI with cloning technology and it could very well be a vehicle for demonic possession, which all the alien abduction reports are pointing towards, creating an alien/human hybrid with some sort of implants. One doctor analyzed an "alien implant" and said it was designed to change your DNA. There are theories that the mark of the beast will actually be able to change your DNA in a way that makes it so you cannot be saved! It may make people non-human, essentially.

Also the google play logo is the sigil of lucifer. When I think of demonic element of computers, I immediately jump towards its natural psychopathy.

I do agree that Luciferian symbols is everywhere.
Yes Satan likes to boast and counterfeit but the last time I looked God still has the final say.

U

UnderGrace

I do agree that Luciferian symbols is everywhere.
Yes Satan likes to boast and counterfeit but the last time I looked God still has the final say.
Correction

"are everywhere"

I need more than five minutes when I have not had my morning coffee, I know Blue understands:D

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I do not remember the last time I went to a brick/mortar store; I even grocery shop on line.... and it does know me. I only have to shop my history.....

I am not surprised by the advancements of A.I. The Lord told us how we would increase in intelligence, so creating A.I. and it's advancements, is a natural consequence of His Word. This proves the authority of the Word of G-d!!! Now with that said if AI is part of the "END" well I know that ending too...

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
I think the threat of artificial intelligence is perhaps far greater and dangerous than we realize. Question is if AI is let loose, do we have a Skynet scenario like in Terminator?

What would happen if whatever chains are keeping AI in its place should happen to be set free, and to let AI start managing the planet? To me, I see AI like a wild beast, at the moment it is chained and under control, but come when the chains are no longer restraining AI, we have a “intelligence” that can roam free like a dangerous animal.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
[QUOTE="blue_ladybug, post: 3691883, member: 189538"]Also, the U.S. Congress' Subcommittee on Research and Technology and Subcommittee on Energy Hearing just had a hearing about the power of artificial intelligence on June 26, 2018. So if AI doesn't exist, as you claim, then WHY did they bother Congress with a hearing about the power of it?

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes we accidentally end up with an equivocation of terms.
The term AI is used in a couple of different ways.

1. We DO have large and powerful computer networks, aggragating and parsing data through the use of very powerful programs, in order to do pretty extraordinary things.
These networks are commonly REFERRED to as AI, but it isn't really what you would call "true AI."

2. We do NOT have true AI, which is a man-made computational entity that is SELF AWARE.
We will never create anything that is self aware, and which fits this category.
However, we probably will get more and more powerful things from that first category, which can better and better MIMIC something which is self aware. But we'll never create anything our of wires that is self aware.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Meet Atlas, the Robot Designed to Save the Day
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/517136/meet-atlas-the-robot-designed-to-save-the-day/

11/17/2017
A video of a robot named Atlas, the “world’s most dynamic humanoid,” performing
an impressive routine of box jumps and turns in the air, and finishing with a back flip.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...B96AC158DF3E4057470CB96AC158DF3E4&FORM=VRDGAR

Boston Dynamics had posted the clip on YouTube, and within a week
it had been viewed more than 11 million times.

SpaceX ceo Elon Musk was one of the millions who watched the clip.
He tweeted: “This is nothing. In a few years, that bot will move so fast
you’ll need a strobe light to see it.”
-

Dec 27, 2017-Elon Musk’s SpaceX Rocket Launch Caused Traffic Jam, Three-Car Pileup
https://nesn.com/2017/12/elon-musks-spacex-rocket-launch-caused-traffic-jam-three-car-pileup/

Humanity in the 21st century is just so incredibly smart.
The natural response to such technology is to marvel at
mankind’s astonishing intellectual power and progress.
x

Discussing the end times, Isaiah wrote: “Their land is filled with idols [and]
they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their own fingers have made.”

Our magical creations have separated us from God, just as Isaiah prophesied.
We “bow down to the work of their hands, to what their own fingers have made.”

Atlas the acrobatic robot, Facebook, Google, the iPhone:These are truly astonishing
inventions, but haven’t we really just replaced idols hewn from wood and stone with
those hewn from tungsten and silicate?

We are worshiping the handiwork of our own minds and imaginations.

God’s power and supremacy can be “clearly perceived in the things that have been made”
The most amazing physical creation of all, the universe,declares the existence of its Creator

Yet smart people insist that the myriad marvels in the natural world around us are
products of chance—not designed, engineered or created. Then they turn around
and wonder at the works of our own hands.

"Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? "
-

The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the
heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Forget about how much knowledge we have—think about how
man came to possess the ability to even acquire knowledge.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?
-
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

The more knowledge we acquire, the more we tend to trust in our own abilities, especially
in the products, technologies and philosophies of the smart people among us.

The logical progression from marveling at mankind’s brilliance is to trust in this brilliance
for guidance and leadership. This can be dangerous, it tends to foster pride and self-reliance.

"even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God."
The things of God can only be revieled by God through the Holy Spirit.

With more knowledge, is humanity happier, healthier and stronger, physically,
mentally, emotionally and spiritually? Are human beings getting along better?
For every new invention for good, man also will find an evil use also it seems.

After World War i, Winston Churchill said, “Mankind has never been in this
position before. …?Without having improved appreciably in virtue or enjoying
wiser guidance, it has got into its hands for the first time the tools by which
it can unfailingly accomplish its own extermination.”

Since that time, we have developed chemical and biological weapons. We can
exterminate ourselves many times over! The number one problem we face is
human extermination! That has never been possible in history until very recent times.

We are now in exactly the position Jesus Christ prophesied about in Revelation
and Matthew 24! This is the crisis at the close!

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Have a look at Rev 9:17, now look at the description of the riders breastplate, what is interesting is that looking at the Atlas robot, one can see a mostly blue breastplate, (cannot quite make out other colors) but looking at Atlas robot and the description given in Rev 9.17 certainly gives the impression of something electronic and robotic.

I will say this, if some kind of robotic army is unleashed on humanity, we will not be able to stand up to such a army.