Artistic Advice!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

midnightsilence

Ok I have no idea if this picture loaded or not but if it did I want advice. What can I do to make this painting more interesting. I kind of want to add warm colors to the background but don't know how to go about doing so... Maybe splaater paint or dripping paint down it. Well please please please tell me what I can do to make it more interesting.

M

midnightsilence

K well disregard this thread

Dec 19, 2009
You can try again.

Click “go advanced” at the bottom of “quick reply.”
Click the paper clip in the top row (for attachments).
Click “browse” in the new window that opens.
Click the file from your computer that you want to upload.
Click “upload” at the right.
Close the window.
Click “preview post” to see if the file uploaded.
If so, click “submit reply.”

I am attaching a picture of an old coin to see if this works like I said it would.

Attachments

Dec 19, 2009
I am no artist and know little about painting. I like your painting, but I would separate the nose and eye a little. It looked to me like something was coming out of the eye, at first, until I looked at it more carefully.

M

midnightsilence

ok ill see if i can do that, thanks

B

barukhmalachi

It looks like you are goin for abstract. What inspired you to paint that much of it in the first place. Expand on your original inspiration or combine many. What does this face mean. Is it the face of christianity, face of your emotion. An artist of paint, music or any art starts with an inspiration or vision. Something to convey. If your just trying to make a pretty picture you will get stuck. What is it you want to express. For instance if it was the face of god, you would want to express his love, light, grace, peace, power. Love and and light can be shown by bright color, curves and soft lines and shapes. Power shown by bold color and sharp lines and shapes. Grace by maybe doing open arms as the eyebrows or something. It looks like a good start but yo may need to take a break from a project for a bit to gain new insight. Good luck

Nov 10, 2011
Add some kind of border, perhaps maybe bangs hanging down near/over the eye. Drips will take away from the symmetry of the picture and be a distraction.

S

Steve4U

The mouth is good. I like the mouth very much.