As You Think, So Shall You Become

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MissCris

It's not rocket science; the things a person spends the most time dwelling on will eventually manifest themselves outwardly. Be it good or bad, our thoughts influence everything we do, say, or feel.

A person who thinks in curse words will eventually speak them.
A person who thinks constantly violent thoughts will eventually act out some kind of violence.

When people think negative, judgmental thoughts, they end up dissatisfied with everyone and everything.

On the other hand...

A person who thinks kind words will eventually speak them.
A person who thinks constantly loving thoughts will eventually show that love to others.

When people have positive, encouraging, kind thoughts, they tend to be content in life, finding joy in simple things.

As Christians, I feel that we don't put enough emphasis on keeping our thoughts in check. We may not be able to help what ideas randomly pop into our heads sometimes, but we can choose which of those random ideas we allow to borrow space in our minds. Maybe we can't help feeling the way we do sometimes, but we can change how we think about those feelings, thereby changing how we act when we feel a certain way.

I've been struggling with this recently, but I think...it's time to dwell on God's word and God's love, so that I might start speaking and acting in a more patient, loving manner.

G

aint dat da truth!

U

Ugly

This is true, and something i've battled with all my life. Being born into a sense of low self esteem, and eventually becoming majorly depressed at 14 and staying that way til recently, battling thoughts has always been very difficult. The 20 years of depression makes thought control way more difficult. Even after the fact, as you've been so engrained to think a certain way. And still having low self esteem makes it continue to be difficult. I go through phases where i work hard at controlling my thoughts, but physical problems sometimes distracts me and causes me to not be able to focus on my thought control.

G

Very very true. One of many examples of this I can attest to is reading Creepypasta (Scary, disturbing stories people write on the internet for cheap scares. DO NOT go look it up, please!). The more I read them and fed those stories to my brain, the more the thoughts started popping up.
I have to say, this is strange, but one thing that's normally deemed negative seemed to help me in life; Pokemon. The more I played the games and worried about what my Pokemon's health levels were at all the time, the more I began to care for my pets and make sure they were healthy and got my attention.