At my wit's end with insomnia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RamahDesjardin

I have chronic severe insomnia. It's been a problem my whole life, as long as I remember. I've tried every remedy, every supplement, every technique, listening to Scripture, meditating on God, clearing my mind, I know about CBT and sleep hygeine, I've been to the doctor several times and tried many medications. I've spoken Bible verses over myself, repented for everything I could think of, "gave it all to God" more times than I can count, spoke against curses, rebuked spirits, cried out for deliverance, and worshipped God at home in my bedroom. This affected me in school and then later in my career. Everyone called me lazy when I couldn't show up in the morning.

This summer it's gotten so bad. Yesterday I spent all day in prayer and contending. Then last night (well, early this morning) I got a grand total of 90 minutes of sleep. This is affecting my health, my activity, my attitude, everything. I'm in my bedroom pretty much all the time now. I can get tired to the point of being nauseated and still not sleep.

When will God at least deliver me enough that I can function? What else can I do?? It's been 37 years of this, including 19 as a Christian.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God please bless RamahDesJardin and let you be glorified. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:6-7

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Yes, it is, ramah. Ive been there, what you described, but God is good, and since He is, He will hear and answer in His own good time. There was a time when i did not give it much thought, but a period came when it was weeks i got very little sleep so it was like walking and working groggy a lot of the time-- and grouchy as well. I simply strove to get more oxygen thru more exercise like walking etc, and even if i managed to sleep both after 12 these past 2 nights (in part bec. i had no choice and had to) and wake at abt 4 am, i am more used to such feeling and get to do things in spite of being sleepy=). Of course we could and should recover part of the lost sleep sometime in the day or the week, even just to close the eyes, coz it really hurts esp w/ the bright sun or glare to deal with. Also, have you tried listening to good old music that blesses the heart and mind.. Your selections could affect your mood or attitude, and health.

Father, i pray you help ramah deal with and recover from this severe insomnia. You gave and taketh away. We may be at our wits end re. this, but You are not and know the way out. Help her in Your mercy, that she may be relieved and refreshed as she recovers from this in Your good time, in Jesus' name. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
I have chronic severe insomnia. It's been a problem my whole life, as long as I remember. I've tried every remedy, every supplement, every technique, listening to Scripture, meditating on God, clearing my mind, I know about CBT and sleep hygeine, I've been to the doctor several times and tried many medications. I've spoken Bible verses over myself, repented for everything I could think of, "gave it all to God" more times than I can count, spoke against curses, rebuked spirits, cried out for deliverance, and worshipped God at home in my bedroom. This affected me in school and then later in my career. Everyone called me lazy when I couldn't show up in the morning.

This summer it's gotten so bad. Yesterday I spent all day in prayer and contending. Then last night (well, early this morning) I got a grand total of 90 minutes of sleep. This is affecting my health, my activity, my attitude, everything. I'm in my bedroom pretty much all the time now. I can get tired to the point of being nauseated and still not sleep.

When will God at least deliver me enough that I can function? What else can I do?? It's been 37 years of this, including 19 as a Christian.
Do you have any idea at all as to some of the factors that are causing it?

R

RamahDesjardin

Since it began in early childhood, I have to assume it's related to something from that time. I've even had MRI on my brain and they didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so this is either spiritual or psychological. My primary doctor keeps wanting me to see a counselor, so I think I will really do that.

Zachary24

Jul 26, 2017
I have prayed for you Ramah. God Bless you

Last edited: