Attack of the Scruples and Question about Aliens

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GM777

First off, I'll preface my thread by stating that the contents below are extreme. I assume we are all Christians here, however, and that instead of judging, if you find the question offensive or ridiculous you will either pass on to another, or pave the way for a substantive and informative dialogue.

To start, I believe I've been suffering from the attack of the scruples pretty severely the past few days. We all do. This one was resurfacing information I was reading about over a year ago to confuse my thoughts (it all began the minute I woke up).

Please do not let the following questions or "what if" concepts in anyway confuse you or cause you stray, first off, as they could have very well been designed for that purpose in the first place.

Here it goes: About a year ago, I was reading about (please refrain from laughing) an alien crash and an interview Air Force officials claimed to have had with one of the surviving aliens. In the book that a woman wrote, she claimed the alien stated we are all immortal spiritual beings, but that we are on a prison planet and that when we die, we experience a bright light of peace and serenity that lures people in because of the bliss. She claims the alien stated the light is part of a tool that attracts the souls from escaping the prison planet and somehow recycles them back into the Earth so that we continue in a flesh existence and cannot escape.

Let me say that I believe in aliens and alien contact, UFOs, etc., and I am open-minded to this story; HOWEVER, I am inclined to believe that its origin is purely demonic and that demons can manifest into the 3rd dimension. I also feel it is possible that the alien being was a demon and lying to those interviewing to confuse them. Any thoughts on this? I got worried when I read some peoples' comments on the threads with one person stating they had always felt the "soul catcher prison planet" reality was true and that they knew it inherently since a child. What is up with that?

Bottom line, I suffer from OCD...my brain NEVER stops processing information and seeking stimulation. It is my belief that if the above events did transpire, that it was demonic in nature as they were also saying they were the ones who created humans. I think this may one day become a widely accepted reality in our world, but it will all be deceit and lies from demonic entities posing as extraterrestrial beings. The demons as well could've very well been perverting the truth about the light to keep people from going in, thus causing them to stray from God. For some reason, though, the woman claims the being wanted the information kept secret. Wouldn't demons want that to be widely know to confuse a mass number of people?

My brain makes me fear what if the story is true and everything I've been learning really is all too good to be true and that this bright light soul catching reality is real? What reassurance is there that this story, if real, is a manipulation ploy and that I am just undergoing an attack of the scruples to hinder my faith?

As always, I thank you all for putting up with my bizarre rants and for being kind and considerate as you aid me in this interesting and fulfilling journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kenisyes

I can give you several proofs to refute the so-called evidence that aliens from another planet have ever landed here, or are likely to. Other dimensions is a possiblity, but as you say, those would need to be some kind of limited manifestations, like shadows, which are two dimensional manifestations of us three-dimensional beings.

Demonic is hard to say. The story sounds like a fictional story made up by a human mind, but who can say for certain. When we decided as a culture that we do not need God, we needed a replacement. Superman, the first alien (from Krypton, remember) was a nice guy in 1939 when he was invented. That, and WW2, with Hitler's preoccupation with atomic power and the occult, scared a lot of people. Modern UFO stories are mostly a combination of the need for God who we refuse to acknowledge, fear, and guilt at us (the USA) being the only nation ever to explode an atomic bomb in war, and then claiming we are the peace-loving good guys. Demons certainly love to jump in on fear.

Aliens are not going to make war on us. Jesus is victorious over demons. Even if people fall for this kind of nonsense, God will still protect us (real Christians) from the fallout. There really isn't any point in us paying it any more attention than for a good laugh. If other people are called to think about it, let them do what God told them.

Scruples are normal enough at your age. I had them too, til about age 18. You recognize them for what they are, so you are well on your way to defeating them. If proofs will help you, let me know. I'll do what I can to provide them.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
For all of the experiences people have had, there still remains no evidence to support the notion that aliens even exist. It'd be cool but, given our limited knowledge, I don't think they're out there.

And even if they were out there, so what? That would do nothing to hinder God's existence. Things like how the universe came to be, how the universe is so unlikely designed to support life, how morality exists independent of human thought, the resurrection of Jesus (they'd try to say this was an alien, perhaps, but that's something that could never be proven!), the meaning of humanity, and so on would make aliens hardly an issue.

As far as people who claimed to have felt this planet was some kind of prison... the Bible says the heart is deceptive, and I agree. Feelings are not a good thing to base one's life upon.

I can see why alien encounters could be demonic, and yet people would still flock to the concept of aliens en masse. First off, we're curious creatures and want to know if we're alone in the universe. Contact with aliens would be both awe-inspiring yet terrifying - irresistible for many. Second, most people seem to have a natural belief in "something higher," even if it's not God. Angels, demons, even aliens could satisfy that desire in them. So I wouldn't be surprised if people flocked to the notion of aliens.

T

Tintin

"Alien Intrusion: UFOs and the Evolution Connection" by Gary Bates is an excellent book from a Christian perspective. It explores the nature of aliens and UFOS and how many of the 'encounters' correlate with what we know (from the Bible) about the nature of the demonic. Aliens and UFOs are just another form in which fallen angels disguise themselves to suck in people in the scientific era in which we live. The special messages given to those 'lucky' enough to be abducted are largely recognisable as perverted stories of God's Truth). Finally, aliens don't seem to attack Christians.