Authority VS. intimidation:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sweetheart1987

I've noticed many people(which we've all done this at some point in life) speaking in a manner that intimidates people,and just pushes them away from God. They tend to judge,condemn,put down,etc. So it got me to thinking,and this is what God put on my heart:

Here's a thought: do you speak with authority(which is speaking boldly and courageously with compassion,mercy,and tenderness yet not letting others just do whatever they want with sin). Or do you speak with intimidation(which puts fear into others,pushing them away from God,and gives a false and fearful image of Him....and you tend to judge and condemn them...even if you don't realize it). Jesus s...poke with authority,He knew/knows the limits that God has given Satan,and He knows that He can boldly claim the truth,and correct others out of love even if it calls for being stern. He called out the hypocrites,and didn't tolerate when the money-changers turning the temple into a ''den of thieves'' and so on. Then there's the woman at the well,Jesus knew what she had done,but He loved her anyways! We're ALL unworthy of the mercy,grace,compassion,and love He gives,and the salvation offered.Lets keep this in mind,and be careful with how we represent and testify of the Lord our God.

It's not good to overwhelm anyone,especially those whom don't have a personal relationship with the Lord yet. I'm just saying,there's a fine line between truly serving God (which is what He has called us to do) and in intimidating others(which is going about things our own way,leaning on our own understanding and giving way to the flesh rather than being led by the Spirit.) Just wondering about this...not only in others,but in myself as well.Lets not only examine ourselves in our walk and relationship with the Lord,but also in how we serve Him,if we even do,and if so what perspective and motive are we doing it in? Just something God put on my heart.

Don't get me wrong,YES we ARE to help others see how sin is wrong,and why it's wrong as well as why it's a sin....BUT to just straight up judge and condemn them,and say ''you're going to hell'' and so on...that's not exactly our place. I mean we don't know their heart,what we see may not even be a glimpse of them.Maybe they're saved,but have fallen away from living right. Maybe they're a new Christian and struggling to find out what happens next,or maybe they don't know God at all. However,there's a proper way to go about helping them. It's absolutely wonderful to have that zeal, fire,drive,passion,and love for God and serving Him,as well as leading others to Him...BUT here's the thing...are you doing it the way God says to do it? allowing HIM to move,speak,and work,or are you just doing what YOU want? Just something I felt led to share.God bless :)