Authority..wot authority!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
This is one for the ladies. I am aware that this topic has probably come up a thousand times before, but, What role of authority/lead do you (ladies) see in your husband/future husband? I am hoping for good biblical answers.

A couple of things, I don't want you ladies to start second guessing what I mean by Authority/lead, It's me asking you for your interpritation of this, you may decide there is no one in authority or takes a lead role with in the marriage.

Are your ideas pinned down by and permeated by feministic cultural values? (I know that statement may cause a revolt, but its valid nonetheless as is the opposite male chauvinism, I mean the question is valid).

can there be two authorites both taking the lead... ???

K

Kooper

can there be two authorites both taking the lead... ???
I'm going to type out something from my Bible.

Adam saw Eve as such a partner. He describe her as "bone of my bones/And flesh of my flesh" (Gen 2:23). A sensitive jewish tradition notes that God did not take Eve from Adam's foot, lest he feel he should dominate her. Nor was she taken from his head, lest she feel superior. God took Eve from Adam's rib so that the two might go through life side by side.
I'm only putting this out there for those who hadn't noticed. :D

R

rus_lady

i am not going to quote bible here , but i will tell one thing .... if both men and wife are christians i think its better when both of them try consider the opinion of each other ...

J

jimsun

There is no authority of the prominent females in my life:
My wife is everything to me -partner, counsel, adviser, sounding board;
My Director in work who I've worked with for the best part of 20 years;
If it's a case of Authority v Partnership, then partnership always wins!

R

rus_lady

YESSSSS !! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE !!!! MAY GOD TRULY CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY !!!!!!

There is no authority of the prominent females in my life:
My wife is everything to me -partner, counsel, adviser, sounding board;
My Director in work who I've worked with for the best part of 20 years;
If it's a case of Authority v Partnership, then partnership always wins!

J

jimmydiggs

So much for headship.