avitar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Trisha1

I have a picture that is gif and it won't come up in the chatrooms as my avatar.
It is not too big. Only the jpg ones will work.
I want to change the gif to jpg, how can I do that?
And is it true gif won't work as an avatar?
Its not the deer avatar here as that works fine.

U

Ugly

My avatar is a gif. So that's not the problem. I believe it says right there, where you add the avatar picture the formats you can use.
If it shows up in the forums, the problem isn't the size. If that were the case it would not accept it at all. The problem is the chat itself. I have had issues where i have changed my avatar and the chats won't take the change. Even months later. I have no idea what causes this. But have heard of others having the same problem at times.
You can only have one avatar. So if you have the deer one you can't have a separate one for the chats.
Or when you say chat rooms do you mean the forums? A lot of people do that. They are two different things.

To change the format from gif to avatar you need to use some type of photo editing software. I think i have heard there are some to use online, but i don't know what they are, or if they allow you to change formats. I could change it. Would take me a few seconds.

D

didymos

Open your GIF file with 'Paint,' store it as a JPEG, use it.
Ugly's pic is an animated GIF, I think you can use those as an avatar, depending on the size.