babies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

I'm not going to lie, I do have pride but it's definitely not the male ego type. I couldn't care less about that alpha male crap or posturing. That's just not me. I'm definitely a guy but not your typical one. All my life I've been myself, no one else and I got rubbish from a lot of people for it but some were blessed by it. Please don't go telling me such things are typical of all males. That said, Wild At Heart did speak to me. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

TomL

Banned
Feb 26, 2013
Or maybe he just loves children? I couldn't care less about leaving my mark in history but I love kids.
Tintin, just to let you know I am not alone in this assessment, read this:
Every man is terrified that in the end, he will have amounted to nothing. No matter how much he has accomplished… deep-down inside he is afraid that it is all going to go away and he is going to remain a nothing, a non-entity, a zero." And with good reason, considering that's what happens. - The Male Ego Decoded - Dating Relationship & Intimacy | Click By Lavalife - Dating Sex and Romance Articles for Singles
You are only 29, and when I was age I haven't thought about ti either. Now I am older, and closer to the grave than I am to the womb, and I do think about. Even though I have accomplished much in my life, still I feel like something is missing. In the end, will I amount to nothing. It will happen to you, just give it time. Of course. I probably won't be around for you to tell me about it.

T

Tintin

Hmm... Okay. Thanks for explaining yourself better. I'm open to learning from others. You could be right. And yet, in Christ, we have hope and purpose, so I don't think it would be as 'terrifying' for believers.

U

ukkez

just wanted to say thanks for the people who has replyed to the post, i have chatted to my husband about this before marrage and my resent worries, i said i guess i would want children at some stage iv always said late 20s, im 25 at the mo so got a couple of years for my dead line. but like toml was saying about wanting to leave your mark on the world, its something i still need to work on, but i think the world sucks, and i dont have great quailtys to pass on. my husband thinks other wise, but thats him being sweet. i am hoping that god will want me to want to have children at some point but untill then im going to help in kids work and see how that goes.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
ukkez, I don't think you should worry that others might be a better parent etc, you just be the best that you can be, God is going to help you. Woking with kids may not help, I work with kids and when you've a group of 10-20 little darlings running circles round you and screaming the last thing you want is to have one of your own!

I think that your husband can maybe see your qualities better than you! common uk issue! don't rush in but also don't let general insecurity stop you.

Feb 26, 2013
ukkez, I don't think you should worry that others might be a better parent etc, you just be the best that you can be, God is going to help you. Woking with kids may not help, I work with kids and when you've a group of 10-20 little darlings running circles round you and screaming the last thing you want is to have one of your own!

I think that your husband can maybe see your qualities better than you! common uk issue! don't rush in but also don't let general insecurity stop you.
You are absolutely right. All we can ever do is our best. We should never worry whether our best is good enough. Even God doesn't expect more than we can give as long as we are giving our all.

Feb 26, 2013
just wanted to say thanks for the people who has replyed to the post, i have chatted to my husband about this before marrage and my resent worries, i said i guess i would want children at some stage iv always said late 20s, im 25 at the mo so got a couple of years for my dead line. but like toml was saying about wanting to leave your mark on the world, its something i still need to work on, but i think the world sucks, and i dont have great quailtys to pass on. my husband thinks other wise, but thats him being sweet. i am hoping that god will want me to want to have children at some point but untill then im going to help in kids work and see how that goes.
You know, reading this, I think you would be a great mother.